#1 boo boo

boo boo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationHeart's Delight, Newfoundland

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:04 AM

Finally I get to have one.My B-I-L brought a few back from his trip to San Diego forme.I finally have something to compare my own creations against.I need more hops for mine to come close, but I'm in the ballparkregarding bitterness.One damn fine beer though. God I can't get over the great taste and aroma.Must have been quite a fresh beer he got me. The head is increadible for a commercialbeer. I absolutly love it. Too bad it isn't available locally.He also brought back a couple more. One was SN summer lager, one wss shock top, and the last was skinney dip.Oh well I know what I'm brewing next.....

#2 al_bob

al_bob

Bamahout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11032 posts
  • LocationMidland, Texas USA

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:44 AM

SNPA is probably the one single beer responsible for the "West Coast" style of brewing. It's still a nice industry baseline for other pale ales to be compared. We tend to take it for granted here in the States because we can have it anytime, but it's a great beer. It's extremely good on draft! :D

#3 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:51 AM

SNPA is definitely a cornerstone beer in craft brewing too. I think its a great beer and it is much enjoyed here as well. Enjoy the bottles you got and hope your own creation and version comes out even better now too.

#4 simonsez

simonsez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSanta Clarita, CA

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:52 AM

sierra nevada makes a great pale ale :D I tried the 2009 celebration ale awhile back and it was delicious!!!!!2009 celebration ale

#5 Timmy

Timmy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationKeller, tx

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:10 PM

sierra nevada makes a great pale ale :D I tried the 2009 celebration ale awhile back and it was delicious!!!!!2009 celebration ale

The celebration ale is great. Last week my wifes work had a Christmas party with a Chinese gift exchange. I took a 6 pack of homebrew and left with a 12 pack of celebration. Not a bad deal.

#6 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64243 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:25 PM

oooh, Shock Top. You should have let him have that one.

#7 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:28 PM

It's extremely good on draft! :blink:

I'm not sure I've ever seen it on draft around here :D

#8 boo boo

boo boo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:31 AM

oooh, Shock Top. You should have let him have that one.

Ah, it wasn't bad at all IMO. Much like Rickards White we get here.

#9 boo boo

boo boo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:38 AM

SNPA is definitely a cornerstone beer in craft brewing too. I think its a great beer and it is much enjoyed here as well. Enjoy the bottles you got and hope your own creation and version comes out even better now too.

My brewing buddy brews an APA that is spot on to SNPA, now I've had a chance to drink one. My own just needs a bit more flavour hops. I tried one of my own after and it just didn't have that in your face hop presence that SNPA has.I'll be brewing a clone the day after New Years Day, and lucky for me I have lots of cascade, chinook, amarillo and columbusto choose from, although I'll probably just use all cascade for flavor and aroma additions.

#10 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:44 PM

I've brewed this clone of SNPA a couple times and have come really damn clone.OG - 1.056FG - 1.013SRM - 12IBU - 36ABV - 5.6%11.75 lbs. - 2-Row.85 lbs. - Crystal 60L.5 oz. - Perle (60 mins)...you can sub Norther Brewer.5 oz. - Magnum (30 mins)...you can sub Northern Brewer1 oz. - Cascade (15 mins)2 oz. - Cascade (2 mins)WYeast 1056 American AleI've seen a lot of questions about whether or not SN dry hops this beer. I don't think they do but BrewBasser would obviously know better than I. I get a great aroma and extra Cascade flavor from my 2 minute addition.

#11 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31572 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:41 PM

I'm not sure I've ever seen it on draft around here :cheers:

Then you haven't had it at it's best. It really is a whole lot better out of the tap rather than the bottle. Not saying that the bottle isn't fantastic, because it is, but it really is a whole different kind of YUMM-O out of the tap.

#12 LilSmokey

LilSmokey

Master of TL;DR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3249 posts
  • Locationthe SWATS!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:50 AM

+1 on the Celebration. It's one of my favorites. I usually get 3-4 cases when it comes out, and always wish I had more. They have it on draft at the Taco Mac near me, and it's even better on tap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users