#1 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:02 AM

Last July I bought a Brew Logic Dual Tap Draft system from Midwest. A month ago I had issues with one of the regulators that wouldn't stop pressurizing. It would max out the low pressure gauge and super carb the attached keg. I fixed this one by removing the gas line, cracking the regulator open and giving it a blast of CO2.I now have an issue with the other regulator, but just a bit different. This one you can crank to the closed position as hard as you like, but it'll still allow CO2 through until the pressure relief blows. I tried the above fix, with no success even though this is a different problem.My question to you all is do you know of anything else I could do to this thing to fix or is it probably busted?Also, Midwest doesn't sell this regulator anymore and their replacement regulator specifically states that it is not compatible with Brew Logic regulators. I've done a lot of searching, but can't find a replacement that says it'll work with Brew Logic. Anyone know a brand that's compatible?Thanks!

#2 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:11 AM

I'm getting to the point that I may take it in to the LHBS this weekend to see what their draft guys say, but would like to try to fix it myself.Any tips?

#3 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:07 AM

Have you checked to see if the diaphragm is intact? The only thing I could suggest is to take the bonnet off and see if you can see any problems by inspection. If you've ever back-flowed beer into your regulator, that could cause some gumming or corrosion that you would find by opening it up. You can always buy a rebuild kit to replace wearable parts.

#4 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:50 AM

Have you checked to see if the diaphragm is intact? The only thing I could suggest is to take the bonnet off and see if you can see any problems by inspection. If you've ever back-flowed beer into your regulator, that could cause some gumming or corrosion that you would find by opening it up. You can always buy a rebuild kit to replace wearable parts.

I took the front face of the regulator off (where the adjustment knob is) and couldn't identify any issues, though I may not be able to recognize one if it was present. There wasn't any beer in the line or body, so I'm going to rule that out.I have wanted to get a used 20lbs tank and single regulator for carbonating outside of my keg fridge, so I many have to break down and buy another dual gauge regulator :)

#5 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

Comptroller of Gingerliness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28184 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:16 AM

I certainly sounds like something is sticking. If the your LHBS cannot help you....Airgas or place where you get your CO2 tanks filled typically service these parts....for a small fee.MB

#6 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:20 AM

Let's say I was to get really impulsive and drop $ on a new double body regulator... Is Taprite a decent brand to go with?Taprite Regulator

Edited by MyBeerPants, 16 April 2009 - 11:20 AM.

#7 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:56 AM

Let's say I was to get really impulsive and drop $ on a new double body regulator... Is Taprite a decent brand to go with?Taprite Regulator

Damn, my fiancee is going to kill me. :) I guess I just need to find that 20lbs tank on CL cause now I have a spare regulator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users