#1 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:18 PM

I racked two kegs today, what is the most anyone has done in one day? i racked my NB pale ale, and Rye Pale Ale. They were both great looking. I need to make some more that is for sure.Nothing like homebrewing, wouldn't give it up for much of anything.

#2 Jimmy James

Jimmy James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:35 PM

I racked two kegs yesterday before breakfast :sarcasm: Actually, two is the most I've ever done in a day, but I still only have 3 kegs. Congrats on those beers turning out - sounds like you have a couple winners there.

#3 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:27 AM

I racked four beers in a day. This past summer when my buddy got married and I served my beer I had to get them ready and ended up transferring and then carbing up 4 kegs in a day. I will be transferring 10 gallons of Bo Pilsner into kegs to lager tomorrow night. I should hopefully kill a few kegs by this weekend and finally transfer a few more as well. I currently have 9 kegs but as they say you can never have too many kegs for sure. I agree this obsession/hobby is awesome. I am addicted :sarcasm: :facepalm:

#4 gumballhead

gumballhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Locationsw michigan

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:02 AM

I did 4 or 5 Kegs over the summer while my Brewing Partner was Globe Trotting.I did 10g of heffe, an Irish Red , and ESB and a Rye or a Stout. can't remember,I'vedrank it all since then. that was alot of work. :facepalm: :sarcasm:

#5 Kremer

Kremer

Comptroller of MS Paint Diagrams and other vague unspecified stu

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9174 posts
  • Location38.360502, -85.311022 (Louisville, KY area)

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:21 AM

I only have two fementers... so two kegs at a time.

#6 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:29 AM

I racked two kegs today, what is the most anyone has done in one day? i racked my NB pale ale, and Rye Pale Ale. They were both great looking. I need to make some more that is for sure.Nothing like homebrewing, wouldn't give it up for much of anything.

I've kegged a beer and moved a beer to secondary in one day but that's the most I've done.

#7 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:38 AM

My record is wine not beer. 55 gallons in one day and it sucked because I only had 2 clean carboys. I had to rack the first, rack the 2nd, and while the 2nd was transferring I cleaned the first so I could put it in the rotation for the 3rd, and so fourth. It took a while and my back hurt the next day but I had to get them all off the gross lees.

#8 beach

beach

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:23 PM

I just got through bottling 2 batches totaling 9.5 gallons. That sucked. Beach

#9 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:35 PM

4 or 5. I frequently do 4 or 5 so I can just do it all at once and get the non fun steps out of the way

#10 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9734 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:00 AM

I think I did like 30gal one day. I know I have done 20 a number of times.

#11 Kansan

Kansan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLawrence, KS

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:25 AM

4 at the most, Often same yeast. Two carboys in secondary and a conical full that is about two weeks old is the typical scenario. Of course, laziness is usually the driving factor,

#12 beerbaron

beerbaron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNorthern Colorado

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:10 AM

It was cider /cyser (2007) from secondaries to kegs. I filled 10 cornies that day. it was exhausting and the entire basement smelled wonderful!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users