#1 Spoon

Spoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationLower Alabama

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:22 AM

This is a Romainian Stout that my brew buddy wants to recreate. He had it when in Romania and his wife (Romainian) really has a love for this beer. I myself have never had it but it is a request for him.Anyone ever hear of a grain bill for this or a SWAG? I looked on the web with no success.I suggested asking the Beer Replicater in BYO but posted here just in case.

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:31 AM

This is a Romainian Stout that my brew buddy wants to recreate. He had it when in Romania and his wife (Romainian) really has a love for this beer. I myself have never had it but it is a request for him. Anyone ever hear of a grain bill for this or a SWAG? I looked on the web with no success. I suggested asking the Beer Replicater in BYO but posted here just in case.

Is that where the lettuce came from? :rolf: I'm sorry I couldn't resist - I can't help you out though so consider this a free bump.

#3 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:14 AM

Is that where the lettuce came from? :rolf: I'm sorry I couldn't resist - I can't help you out though so consider this a free bump.

I was thinking the same thing. You beat me to it. I Googled Ursus but did not come up with anything as far as a clone. So yet another free bump. Good luck!

#4 gumballhead

gumballhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Locationsw michigan

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:03 PM

I was thinking the same thing. You beat me to it. I Googled Ursus but did not come up with anything as far as a clone. So yet another free bump. Good luck!

send an e-mail to just brew it. JZ might be able to help. good luck.

#5 gumballhead

gumballhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Locationsw michigan

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:49 PM

send an e-mail to just brew it. JZ might be able to help. good luck.

LINK. https://www.ursus.ro...pre/bere-neagra Can't read Romanian but it would seem it's a Black lager. or Black Bear in a bottle. looking around they seem to be the "king of beers" in Romania. tread lightly my friend. that phrase can only mean one thing. a good black beer or lager is Xingo. you can get that clone receipe out of clone brews. not sure how close that is to Ursus black. but Xingo is pretty common. :rolf:

#6 Spoon

Spoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationLower Alabama

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:07 PM

Yeah so I can't speel so gouda, huh! :huh: I ran into the same thing in teh googler. It is made by MillerXingo? I'll look into it. Thanks for the tip! :)

#7 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:19 PM

A Baltic Porter?

#8 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:23 PM

I got to the English part of the page https://www.ursus.ro/king-of-beer/ Now I am going in to see what it is all about!

#9 orudis

orudis

Deputy Comptroller of Rarts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25384 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:05 PM

I have a friend who lived in Romania for a while but I'm not sure he would know the difference between a RIS, schwartzbier, porter, dark lager etc. I will ask him tho. Just looked at the website- "Ursus Black demands respect by a fully kept promise." Sounds dangerous to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users