#1 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 01 July 2023 - 07:07 PM

Deerslyr and I'm a lapsed brewer. I'm attoning for my sins and getting back into the hobby. Truth be told... my son now wants to know how to brew. He was home for a few days, so we pulled out the Grainfather and did an AG Cream Ale last weekend. I sent him back to St. Louis with an extract Hefe kit from a local LHBS.

For you old timers to the board, you guys talked me into and through converting a mini fridge into a kegerator. It has served me well, but about 3 or 4 years ago, I unplugged it because I just wasn't brewing. That was likely the kiss of death, as now it won't turn on the compressor. I've looked at it, but the relay doesn't look anything like what I'm seeing it should look like. So I post on FB to see if anyone would be able to look at it and assist.

Woke up this morning and a friend sends a DM and says her husband has a kegerator, still in box, that he wants to sell to me for $100. Ok... I go pick it up. It's a Danby... holds 2 corny kegs. Have not assembled it yet, but will need to pull the 2 tap tower from the old unit as the new one is a Sankey. (I looked it up, and I got the unit for a steal... but he did tell me that he always joked at work that they needed a kegerator, so when he retired... guess what they got him. He said he had no use for it. I will be bringing him beer for a few years!!!)

So... looks like I'm back into brewing!

Can you still go blind with homebrew? Do diapers still go in the Secondary? Whats new in brewing?

#2 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 02 July 2023 - 01:52 AM

Secondary? I don't do them.

#3 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54029 posts

Posted 02 July 2023 - 09:28 AM

Let me be the first to say welcome back and good to see you.

#4 porter

porter

Comptroller of Affairs with Potatoes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19061 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 02 July 2023 - 11:06 AM

Welcome back. Lots of people moving to either all in ones, or BIAB. No secondaries, but it choose to incorporate diapers in your brewing, that is the proper step.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users