#1 bierboy

bierboy

Comptroller of Temporary Pancakes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15787 posts
  • LocationThe Firey Pits of Liberal Hell

Posted 01 April 2023 - 02:36 PM

And it went to hell right after mash in.

I bought a Brewzilla a while ago and finally found time today. Everything went will. The old BarleyCrusher worked; the BrewZilla was dead nuts on temperature; I mash in hit the pump to start recirculating; and then leave the room for a minute. The recirculating hose decides it doesn’t want to stay in the kettle and wort went everywhere. That was a PITA to clean up.

Anyhow the brew day was shot. I’ll try again on Friday. At least I know that the system works.

#2 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 01 April 2023 - 03:44 PM

And it went to hell right after mash in.

I bought a Brewzilla a while ago and finally found time today. Everything went will. The old BarleyCrusher worked; the BrewZilla was dead nuts on temperature; I mash in hit the pump to start recirculating; and then leave the room for a minute. The recirculating hose decides it doesn’t want to stay in the kettle and wort went everywhere. That was a PITA to clean up.

Anyhow the brew day was shot. I’ll try again on Friday. At least I know that the system works.

the picture I see online looks like it's mostly hard plumbed up to the top and the silicone tubing just goes straight down.  is yours different?

https://www.morebeer...ASABEgKOWPD_BwE

35996.png

Edited by positiveContact, 01 April 2023 - 03:44 PM.

#3 bierboy

bierboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15787 posts

Posted 01 April 2023 - 04:01 PM

the picture I see online looks like it's mostly hard plumbed up to the top and the silicone tubing just goes straight down. is yours different?

https://www.morebeer...ASABEgKOWPD_BwE

35996.png

Its the same thing. I just have to make sure that the tubing is all the way in next time.

#4 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 01 April 2023 - 04:03 PM

Its the same thing. I just have to make sure that the tubing is all the way in next time.

I guess I don't get what happened but sorry your brew day got messed up.  my last brew day tried to get me to quit so I know the feeling!

#5 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3117 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 01 April 2023 - 09:39 PM

Well, at least you're brewing. I'm still waiting for enough crap to get done to get back in the game.

So congrats on at least giving it a shot. I hope your next attempt succeeds and you make beer, tasty beer.

What were you brewing if I might ask?

#6 bierboy

bierboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15787 posts

Posted 02 April 2023 - 01:12 PM

A pale ale. 9lbs two row and 1 Lb Munich. Amarillo and US-05.

#7 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 03 April 2023 - 08:53 AM

I really need to brew again soon.  I actually bought some ingredients for a pale ale several months ago, and haven't got around to it yet.    :covreyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users