#1 EWW

EWW

Regular, normal human being

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26125 posts
  • LocationSomewhere special

Posted 08 August 2022 - 07:19 PM

“Yet today's Super Punch-Out!! discovery revolves around a simple series of button combinations, which require nothing more than a second controller. The two-player mode is hidden behind an additional, previously undiscovered menu, which lets solo players skip directly to any of the game's boxing combatants. It's essentially a "level select" menu, which many classic games featured for internal testing, and speedrunners could arguably use it to practice against specific opponents more quickly.

This menu can be accessed by holding the R and Y buttons on player two's controller at the "press start" screen, then pressing Start or A with player one's controller. Do this, and a new menu appears, displaying all 16 boxers' profile icons. Pick any of these icons to engage in a one-off fight; once it's over, you're dumped back to the same boxer-select menu.”

Wish I’d known this as a kid

https://apple.news/A...8THaN_q_jWXN3vA

#2 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 08 August 2022 - 08:12 PM

I'll have to try this out.

#3 Beejus McReejus

Beejus McReejus

Comptroller of Flying Ducks

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12392 posts
  • LocationTopeka, KS

Posted 20 August 2022 - 06:31 AM

That's awesome.  I wonder if this was a developer debug feature that just wasn't taken out.

#4 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58768 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 20 August 2022 - 06:42 AM

That's awesome.  I wonder if this was a developer debug feature that just wasn't taken out.

When it came out, maybe 2 player games were banned by the bible. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users