Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 06 May 2022 - 09:27 AM

I'm referring to these guys:

tn375_BLSET-BECKER061115080911.jpg

I recently disassembled two QDs like this (a gas and a liquid) and I have mixed up which set of internals went to which.  They look the same to me but maybe they aren't.  Does anyone know?  I tried googling but I mostly get stuff about differentiating the corny keg posts.

#2 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10722 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 07 May 2022 - 08:20 AM

I didn't know they came apart.  The only difference I can think of if the connection is a slightly different size.  Put them back together and see if they work

#3 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 07 May 2022 - 08:31 AM

I didn't know they came apart.  The only difference I can think of if the connection is a slightly different size.  Put them back together and see if they work

you've never had to clean one of these out?  they are pretty easy to take apart.  you just unscrew the big plastic plug on the top and inside there is an flat rubber washer (don't lose it!  it often stays stuck to the piece you unscrew or the body of the QD), a spring and then a plastic plunger on the spring with another o-ring.

Edited by postSingularityHumanoid, 07 May 2022 - 08:31 AM.

#4 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 07 May 2022 - 11:51 AM

I'm referring to these guys:

tn375_BLSET-BECKER061115080911.jpg

I recently disassembled two QDs like this (a gas and a liquid) and I have mixed up which set of internals went to which.  They look the same to me but maybe they aren't.  Does anyone know?  I tried googling but I mostly get stuff about differentiating the corny keg posts.

Internally they are the same.

Then you may be amazed at the life forms you'll find inside!  ;)

#5 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10722 posts

Posted 08 May 2022 - 05:15 AM

you've never had to clean one of these out?  they are pretty easy to take apart.  you just unscrew the big plastic plug on the top and inside there is an flat rubber washer (don't lose it!  it often stays stuck to the piece you unscrew or the body of the QD), a spring and then a plastic plunger on the spring with another o-ring.

I always flushed them with cleaner and sanitizer when removing or connecting a keg.

#6 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 08 May 2022 - 12:02 PM

I always flushed them with cleaner and sanitizer when removing or connecting a keg.

I did that for a long time as well but once I knew I could easily take them apart I started taking them apart.

#7 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10722 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 06:38 AM

I did that for a long time as well but once I knew I could easily take them apart I started taking them apart.

Makes note to have a look inside Quick Connectors during next brew!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users