#1 Salsgebom

Salsgebom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:03 PM

Hey guys,The owners told me to get the word out that we are officially releasing our APA, named PeaceMaker Pale Ale, for year around sale. We will have a release party at The Pit in downtown Raleigh thursday night from 6pm - ?, December 3. Expect to see it on tap at more and more places in the Raleigh/Durham area.While all the beers released from LoneRider have been tinkered with by me, this is the first of my own recipes to hit the lineup. It's based on the pale ales that I've been making at home for the past 6 or so years. It's 2-row, German Vienna and Munich, British medium crystal, Amarillo, Columbus and Cascade and fermented with british yeast. The idea is to have plenty of American hop aroma and flavor, but with subdued bitterness that allows the German malts to come through. Come by thursday night and see us. I'm the young guy.Cheers. :sarcasm:

#2 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:40 PM

this is the first of my own recipes to hit the lineup. Come by thursday night and see us. I'm the young guy.Cheers. :sarcasm:

I probably wont be able to make the 14 hour drive, so I cant say congrats in person...so congrats on having your first of I am sure many more recipes released! :rolf:

#3 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:47 PM

Wish I could be there to try it!You could always bottle some up and send it west and I would be happen to critique it for you :sarcasm:

Edited by DaBearSox, 01 December 2009 - 01:48 PM.

#4 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:18 PM

Congrats! Interesting name... what was the origin of the name? For the record, I had a mild case of dyslexia hit and thought it said "Pacemaker"... was wondering if someone had a heart attack while brewing or something. :sarcasm:

#5 Slainte

Slainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:03 PM

This is a damn good beer. I've had it quite a few times (as well as the many homebrewed versions).Try it if you get a chance guys.

#6 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:29 PM

Congrats Salsgebom, Happy to hear you got a beer of yours in that great lineup of beers you guys are putting out at LoneRider. If I were going to be around I would hit up the Pitt for a taste but I will look to get some since I don't have to travel too far. How was scaling up your recipe from a homebrew scale to your commercial 15BBL batches? I am just curious was it hard to get the flavor on par with your homebrewed version?Again Congrats and Cheers.Mike

#7 Salsgebom

Salsgebom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:33 PM

For the record, I had a mild case of dyslexia hit and thought it said "Pacemaker"... was wondering if someone had a heart attack while brewing or something. :sarcasm:

Haha yeah I could see that. Apparently Peacemaker is a gun used in the wild west.

Congrats Salsgebom, Happy to hear you got a beer of yours in that great lineup of beers you guys are putting out at LoneRider. If I were going to be around I would hit up the Pitt for a taste but I will look to get some since I don't have to travel too far. How was scaling up your recipe from a homebrew scale to your commercial 15BBL batches? I am just curious was it hard to get the flavor on par with your homebrewed version?Again Congrats and Cheers.Mike

Thanks Mike. We're just now picking up steam and improving on all fronts. Both the new PeaceMaker and Sweet Josie were first brewed on my pilot system in 11 gallon batches. I've been surprised at how well they've scaled up, with hop utilization being the exception. 60 minute hops translate just fine, but we get way way more IBUs out of flavor and aroma additions. A malt forward recipe is an easy scale up, but anything with heavy late additions can be tricky.

#8 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:50 AM

Haha yeah I could see that. Apparently Peacemaker is a gun used in the wild west.

Knew about the gun... was wondering if there was an oddball connection/story to it. If there is none... I'm sure someone around here can make up a good one. :sarcasm: Congrats again.

#9 Spoon

Spoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationLower Alabama

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:48 AM

Too bad I don't live in Sanford any longer or I'd make the trip. :scratch: Congrats :lol: <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users