Creamed Chipped Beef
20oz. dried beef
3c. boiling water
1/2c. minced shallot
4c. chicken stock
3c. heavy cream
4t. dijon mustard
1t. ground ginger
1/2c dry sherry
1. Place beef in boiling water in a bowl for 5 minutes. Drain and chop.
2. Saute shallots in butter over medium heat, stirring frequently until golden; about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in flour and cook while stirring for 2 minutes. Add broth gradually. Cook stirring constantly until thick; about 3 minutes; reduce heat.
4. Stir in beef, cream, mustard, ginger, and red pepper sauce. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in sherry.
5. Add water if a thinner consistency is desired.
6. Serve over baked potato.
Edited by neddles, 05 November 2021 - 07:46 PM.