#1 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64049 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 26 December 2020 - 04:05 PM

I got this with the PS5 because i've always been a race game fan even though I haven't played one for more than a few minutes since GT2 on PS2. This game is intense. I've been playing for a few hours and my entire back and shoulders are all tense now lol. The precision required to keep the car on the track is crazy. Part of that is because the tracks are mostly barely wider than the car but also the car gets squirelly when you even breath on the joypad. I've gotten a lot better in the few hours i've played but i'm still getting smoked by the AI by like 1-2 minutes on a 5 minute race on the easiest setting. It's going to take a LONG time to master this game.

#2 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 26 December 2020 - 04:07 PM

I got this with the PS5 because i've always been a race game fan even though I haven't played one for more than a few minutes since GT2 on PS2. This game is intense. I've been playing for a few hours and my entire back and shoulders are all tense now lol. The precision required to keep the car on the track is crazy. Part of that is because the tracks are mostly barely wider than the car but also the car gets squirelly when you even breath on the joypad. I've gotten a lot better in the few hours i've played but i'm still getting smoked by the AI by like 1-2 minutes on a 5 minute race on the easiest setting. It's going to take a LONG time to master this game.

I bet there are some good steering wheel setups for the PS5 if you are really interested.

I feel your pain though.  going from GT4 (also on the PS2) to grid autosport on the switch is like woah.  you really need to be careful or you lose control.  just like real life!

Edited by Mando, 26 December 2020 - 04:08 PM.

#3 porter

porter

Comptroller of Affairs with Potatoes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19045 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 26 December 2020 - 04:23 PM

Can't you adjust opponent difficulty?

It's hard to duplicate precise inputs through a steering wheel with clumsy thumb joysticks.

I have Project Cars 2 which I got for cheap awhile back. Seems much more customizable than the Forza games I used to play.

The steering wheel and pedals setups look cool and would probably be much more fun, but pricy for decent ones.

Edited by porter, 26 December 2020 - 04:25 PM.

#4 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64049 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 26 December 2020 - 04:29 PM

It's already on the easiest driving setting and easiest opponent setting. I'm playing career mode which may be more difficult than the quick play modes, i'm not sure.

#5 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64049 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 27 December 2020 - 08:35 AM

My feel for it is getting a little better. I definitely have an issue with trying to throttle correct because that always worked in older racing games.

#6 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29248 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 04 January 2021 - 12:50 PM

Get one of these for your controller.
https://brews-bros.c...-wheel-adapter/

We have xbox but you can get them for playstation

I also have a lowebnd thrust master steering wheel. The pedals are nice but there was a learning curve with the steering wheel.

This is all on forza motorsport 6 and 7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users