#1 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10650 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 15 December 2020 - 07:07 AM

Recently discovered that Amazon has lots of free games available for download for Prime subscribers.  New games added monthly.

Found several little gems among them; mostly from small/indie developers, but overall, a lot of fun.  Hard to complain about free.

Just saw this morning that they're offering the full version of Battlefield 3 for free; downside is you have to download it through Origin.

gaming.amazon.com

#2 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59127 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:52 AM

Bro, get some cred and a proper service that takes your money.

*runs to see what amazon offers*

#3 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 15 December 2020 - 09:43 AM

I'm mostly seeing add on types stuff for games that I don't own.  is there a way to just see free games?

#4 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 15 December 2020 - 09:50 AM

ah - i see once I have the windows app it's easier to see what's available.

#5 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 15 December 2020 - 10:01 AM

trying the king of fighter 97, global match

I'm not clear if this is going to be like an SNES game or arcade level graphics or what.  my PC is woefully underpowered but I assume it will be able to handle this.

#6 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 15 December 2020 - 10:09 AM

looks like it might be neogeo... never played that.

#7 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 16 December 2020 - 05:29 AM

Recently discovered that Amazon has lots of free games available for download for Prime subscribers.  New games added monthly.

Found several little gems among them; mostly from small/indie developers, but overall, a lot of fun.  Hard to complain about free.

Just saw this morning that they're offering the full version of Battlefield 3 for free; downside is you have to download it through Origin.

gaming.amazon.com

I just grabbed the SNK games.  what are you playing?

#8 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10650 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 16 December 2020 - 05:42 AM

I've got 4 of the free games installed; also got BF3 yesterday, which I didn't get to play much of, but was pretty fun.

Medieval Bridge Builder - fun game; I find it quite challenging, to the point of frustration.  But I still keep playing it.

A Knight's Quest and Wizard of Legends are fun; Victor Vran Overkill Edition is a vampire-hunter game with a strong nod/homage to Motorhead.  Pretty cool.

Very high production values across all the free Amazon games; I've paid for AAA titles that weren't nearly as stable/polished/fun to play as these.

#9 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 16 December 2020 - 05:49 AM

it's like we don't have the same games available.  If I look in the amazon games app on my PC I have about 10 indie games and then a bunch of old SNK games.  if I look on the prime gaming page the only new things seem to be add-ons and BF3 as you mentioned.

#10 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10650 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 16 December 2020 - 06:59 AM

it's like we don't have the same games available.  If I look in the amazon games app on my PC I have about 10 indie games and then a bunch of old SNK games.  if I look on the prime gaming page the only new things seem to be add-ons and BF3 as you mentioned.

I've been claiming games as they become available; i wonder if maybe those games have a time limit to be claimed before they disappear?

I'd suggest checking at least 1-2x/week and see what's new, since new games drop regularly, and claim whatever drops, even if you're not sure if you'll play it or not.

#11 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 16 December 2020 - 07:45 AM

I've been claiming games as they become available; i wonder if maybe those games have a time limit to be claimed before they disappear?

I'd suggest checking at least 1-2x/week and see what's new, since new games drop regularly, and claim whatever drops, even if you're not sure if you'll play it or not.

got it!

some of these SNK games you can't remap controls so you have to use the keyboard.  lame!!!  I'd be better off getting some slightly more "gray area" so at least I can use a gamepad.

#12 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10650 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 03 November 2021 - 12:08 PM

Bumping this thread for an update:

Besides the indie-style games, Amazon has also partnered with places like Epic, GOG, EA/Origin, etc., to give away free copies of full AAA games.

For example, this morning I snagged free full copies of Dragon Age: Inquisition (Origin), Control: Ultimate Edition (GOG), and Rise of the Tomb Raider (Epic).

These are limited-time offers, and are available through Amazon Prime Gaming, as long as you have accounts already with the above places.

#13 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 03 November 2021 - 02:29 PM

how do I find this stuff?  it doesn't seem to be showing up in the windows app.  I guess I'd also need to create some accounts.

#14 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10650 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 03 November 2021 - 02:39 PM

how do I find this stuff?  it doesn't seem to be showing up in the windows app.  I guess I'd also need to create some accounts.

Look at Amazon's Prime Gaming to start, and yes, you'll need accounts w/ GOG, Epic, Origin, etc., depending on the games you want to snag.

#15 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 03 November 2021 - 03:17 PM

ah, got it.  grabbing control and tomb raider.  I'm not really into RPGs.

#16 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111763 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 03:19 PM

Control was pretty fun, but like... There's this trend the last few years where games only tell you half a story, like keeping it mysterious and open-ended is a substitute for creativity :P sometimes that can be well done but sometimes it just leaves you going, huh?

#17 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59127 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 04 November 2021 - 02:11 PM

Looks like it costs $13 a month after the trial. That right? 

#18 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 04 November 2021 - 06:41 PM

Looks like it costs $13 a month after the trial. That right?

For what?

#19 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59127 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 05 November 2021 - 08:22 AM

For what?

Look here. I dont remember. Okay? I got into this thread, then i was on amazon. Then there were buttons and "activate now" between me and the free games. I looked up what "activation" would cost and it said $13 a month.

So, does prime gaming require an activation step for you guys?

And before you ask, I wont remember this tomorrow either. Or ten minutes from now. 

#20 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 05 November 2021 - 10:13 AM

It was included with my prime membership

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users