#1 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59141 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 03 December 2020 - 08:15 AM

About a year (actually 13 months since it came with a 12 month limited warranty) ago I grabbed a logitech G Pro wireless mouse for about $120. Lightweight, rechargable, and responsive. Minimal extra buttons or fuckin alien tenticle ergonomic shapes. Problem is, it recently started turning a single click into a double click. Hit that LMB once and it sends a double click to the computer. Very annoying in games, but more importantly with all the analytical stuff I do. 

So. I need a new mouse. Any recommendations? Want it wireless, want it high precision. Like, i want to see that curser moving with the pulse pressure in my hand arteries. 

It looks like the double click problem is endemic to logitech. But, everything else fits the bill. I could just buy another, but that price tag blows dudes.

#2 Ineedacatscan

Ineedacatscan

Comptroller of BAW!!!1!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7963 posts

Posted 03 December 2020 - 09:06 AM

I believe there is a setting in the Mouse config window that lets you calibrate the double click speed.  You may be able to detune the speed to compensate for the shitty switch or spring in your mouse

#3 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59141 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 03 December 2020 - 09:09 AM

Tried a software solution, it cannot compensate for the mechanical problem. I feel like its a short or something that breaks the signal. So, one click turns into two pulses and the computer reads that as a double. There's no way to gate the signal on the software end, only increase the reciever time between clicks to count as a double versus two single clicks.

#4 Ineedacatscan

Ineedacatscan

Comptroller of BAW!!!1!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7963 posts

Posted 03 December 2020 - 10:41 AM

Tried a software solution, it cannot compensate for the mechanical problem. I feel like its a short or something that breaks the signal. So, one click turns into two pulses and the computer reads that as a double. There's no way to gate the signal on the software end, only increase the reciever time between clicks to count as a double versus two single clicks.

Have you tried smashing it with a sledgehammer

#5 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 04 December 2020 - 05:40 AM

why does it have to be wireless?  wired mouses can be had all day on the cheap.

#6 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111778 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 07:18 AM

I'm not a fan of wireless personally. Fuck batteries!

#7 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59141 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 04 December 2020 - 08:08 AM

why does it have to be wireless?  wired mouses can be had all day on the cheap.

The G pro had the option for wired and wireless. I enjoy having the option. Also, im remote a lot and although a touchpad will suffice in many situations, i need the precision of a mouse often enough.

Anyway, i went and ordered another logitech. the 900.  

#8 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 05 December 2020 - 06:16 AM

The G pro had the option for wired and wireless. I enjoy having the option. Also, im remote a lot and although a touchpad will suffice in many situations, i need the precision of a mouse often enough.

Anyway, i went and ordered another logitech. the 900.  

tho

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users