positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 14 September 2020 - 06:07 AM

Quick background info:

When I primary ferment I use the gas from fermentation to purge my two serving kegs.  This means I have a couple of jumpers that go from gas to liquid to put them all in series.  So primary -> keg 1 -> keg 2 -> pitcher of starsan.

So I noticed it sounded like the gas post (ball lock) on my primary was leaking.  I pushed on the QD a little and it seemed like it was affecting how fast the gas was leaking out.  Then I swapped my two jumper assemblies so a new gas QD was on this post.  No leaks anywhere.  For some reason the combo of that particular gas QD on that particular post seems to leak.  Anyone experienced something like this?  I'm not even sure where this means the leak is happening.

#2 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 14 September 2020 - 07:53 AM

Yeah I have had similar things happen. I think it's just the combo of different QD's to different kegs. Some work better than others.

#3 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 14 September 2020 - 07:55 AM

Yeah I have had similar things happen. I think it's just the combo of different QD's to different kegs. Some work better than others.

Is it the outer o ring of the corny post? Trying to understand where the leak is.

#4 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 14 September 2020 - 09:28 AM

Is it the outer o ring of the corny post? Trying to understand where the leak is.

Yeah I assume so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users