Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29242 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:13 AM

https://screenrant.c...-on-their-cars/

Heads up if you play the foza games. Microsoft is banning people. This is one instances where I don't think a ban is appropriate. Most people that choose that paint scheme have it for the tv show. But I get that if you are younger than 35 you might not get the reference and just seen a car with a rebel flag. I updated my paint and my smokey and the bandit (ga license plate).

I rarely use either car and never in online (I assumed younger people might not know the history of the show)races. So I doubt that I would ever get reported. But I am not attached to it so repainting it eliminates the chance of accidentally using it.

#2 LowcountryBrewer

LowcountryBrewer

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2795 posts
  • LocationMount Pleasant, SC

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:01 PM

I just started play Forza 4 today.  It's a lot of fun, but man, I'm all over the place!

#3 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29242 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:40 PM

I play motorsports (6) rather than horizon. There should be setting for auto breaking etc. I find the cockpit view the easiest to drive. Slower cars are often easier.

I have been playing with one of these for a few weeks. There was a learning curve but I think I am better with it
https://www.etsy.com...controller-mini

#4 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29242 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 06 July 2020 - 04:13 PM

I just ordered 7. 8 is coming out with the new Xbox so 7 is selling for $20

#5 porter

porter

Comptroller of Affairs with Potatoes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19045 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 06 July 2020 - 05:07 PM

Is there that much difference between versions? I used to play Forza (2?) when I had an xbox. Now I have a PS4 and got Project Cars 2 when on sale for $7 I think. They seem very similar.

#6 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29242 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 06 July 2020 - 05:34 PM

I think that racing games became acceptable with PS1 and n64. Since then it has been incremental upgrades. Graphics, # of tracks, # of cars and different physics for different cars.

I still have a ps2 hooked up I have gt3 a spec (2001), Forza 6 (2015) and Forza 7 (2017) on its way. They should all have leguna seca raceway for comparison

I have not played gt3 in a long time. I will break it out and see how it has held up. I actually think it will be good for a 20 year old game.

My 9 year old son and I will plays mario64 and crash bandicoot racing (PS1) on emulators andthey are as enjoyable as as kart 8 deluxe on the switch.

Edited by Sidney Porter, 06 July 2020 - 05:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users