#1 EWW

EWW

Regular, normal human being

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26199 posts
  • LocationSomewhere special

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:43 PM

Columbia Crest ReserveI think it may be sold out since I haven't seen it in the stores lately, but I was lucky enough to try this one and is the best bottle of wine I have had to date. Columbia Crest's mass distributed bottles are really good for about $10/bottle, but the reserves are made by a micro winery within the winery are out of this world. If you can find it grab it.EDIT: the full list

Edited by ewanzel, 20 November 2009 - 11:46 PM.

#2 Ramkisoon

Ramkisoon

Milliner Defecator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26044 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:48 PM

Columbia Crest ReserveI think it may be sold out since I haven't seen it in the stores lately, but I was lucky enough to try this one and is the best bottle of wine I have had to date. Columbia Crest's mass distributed bottles are really good for about $10/bottle, but the reserves are made by a micro winery within the winery are out of this world. If you can find it grab it.

Is a Micro Winery like the "All Natural" division of a shitty food product? You know like the new "Pillsbury Simply Cookies" all natural, all carbon reducted cookies? Which are totally different from our other cookies, cookies?

#3 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:49 PM

Washington is but a splattered bug upon the windshield that is California wine.MolBasser

#4 EWW

EWW

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26199 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:53 PM

Is a Micro Winery like the "All Natural" division of a shitty food product? You know like the new "Pillsbury Simply Cookies" all natural, all carbon reducted cookies? Which are totally different from our other cookies, cookies?

have you had the normal Columbia Crest its a solid wine, it's just the reserve is made by the best of the best of the large winery and they only produce 5000 cases

#5 EWW

EWW

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26199 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:55 PM

Washington is but a splattered bug upon the windshield that is California wine.MolBasser

So what does that make the California in comparison to France?

#6 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68763 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:09 AM

California can lick Washington's grapes.

#7 Oblomov

Oblomov

Comptroller of Fax

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:25 AM

So what does that make the California in comparison to France?

Since the 1976 Judgement of Paris, California has generaly been considered an equal to France. :mellow:

California can lick Washington's grapes.

Riiiiight. :crybaby:

#8 cavman

cavman

Comptroller of BigPossMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12937 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:40 AM

Actually WA produces some of the finest Reisling's and Guerwuitzminer's in the world according to wine folk. Don't dis the Wa grape Cali fools.

#9 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25669 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:17 AM

I notice your #1 got a score of 95 pts. The range on the top 100 is 99 - 90 pts. This puts it right in the mean score range.What helps it get to #1, at least in part, appears to be the moderate $27 price. #2 is also $27, score of 96 pts. #8 gets 99 pts, but $110. Interesting.Best wine? Best value? What do I know? I drink beer almost exclusively.It looks like California holds it's own against the world. This goes for beer too. California may be bankrupt, but when the sheriff knocks on the door with the foreclosure notice, we will be drinking good.

#10 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112413 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:45 AM

Well the critics seem to think that splattered bugs are now better than anything your state produces. Just sayin'.Don't worry though, I'm sure you still have something that pairs well with so-so burgers and overcooked fries. :crybaby:

Edited by Yukon DeWitt, 21 November 2009 - 07:47 AM.

#11 Ramkisoon

Ramkisoon

Milliner Defecator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26044 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:04 AM

This list is wrong. they forgot "Two Buck Chuck"

#12 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112413 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:14 PM

This list is wrong. they forgot "Two Buck Chuck"

*shudder*And don't forget the Mad Dog.Okay, 2BC isn't *that* bad, but while it's a *bargain* at $3 or whatever it is now, that only means that it *tastes* like a $6 wine. :crybaby:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users