4 replies to this topic

#1 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53972 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:12 AM

Got an email from Yakima Valley about this hop today...

2019 Sabro® T-90 Pellets - 14.3% AA -Previously known as HBC 438, Sabro® was developed by the Hop Breeding Company and released in 2018. Sabro is an aroma hop that is notable for its complexity of fruity and citrus flavors. It imparts distinct tangerine, coconut, tropical fruit, and stone fruit aromas, with hints of cedar, mint, and cream. Sabro’s pedigree is the result of a unique cross pollination of a female neomexicanus hop. With a robust brewing performance, Sabro proves to be a strongly expressive hop that translates its flavor incredibly well into beer. A little goes a long way. Even just 5-15% of the hop bill can add incredibly juicy fruit flavors to any IPA or Hazy thing.

There are SOOO many hops out there now and I admit that I often avoid them. This one has [what sounds like] a crazy combination of flavors.  Has anyone used it yet?

#2 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:15 AM

I have a pound of it but have not used it yet.

I think the cedar/mint comes out when a lot of it is used at once... at least that is what I heard on some podcasts.

#3 Seven

Seven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationChester County, PA

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:40 AM

I also bought some but haven't used any. Someone I split the pound with said that the coconut flavor is faint but you can pick it up if you're looking for it.

#4 Merlinwerks

Merlinwerks

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 10 February 2020 - 01:36 PM

I've used it several times now in a NEIPA in the whirlpool (70g for 15 min starting at 180F) along with Medusa (70 g @ FO for 30 min) and then Sabro (28g) with Mosiac (56g), Galaxy (56g) and Medusa (28g) in the dryhop, there is enough coconut in there for me that I probably wouldn't want any more, but it blends well with "juiciness" of the other hops.

#5 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49859 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 10 February 2020 - 01:52 PM

Hmm sounds similar to cashmere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users