#1 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 02 January 2020 - 09:46 PM

I intend on brewing more this year and I love me some Hallertau Mittelfruh. It's out of stock almost everywhere, so instead of scouring the intertrons for hop suppliers, I checked our FAQ. Lo and behold I found a pound at farmhouse supply!

#2 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18069 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 05:57 AM

Please report back on the quality.  I have not bought from them in a long time and I recently saw they have a new owner.  I always liked the selection they offered.

Another good place to check is Hop Heaven.  https://www.ebay.com/str/hopheaveninc  great quality hops.

#3 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:29 AM

These are 2018 pellets.

#4 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54024 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:02 AM

Yes, please do report back.  I get a lot of emails from Farmhouse and I have had good luck but I also got some REALLY funky Hallertau hops from them awhile back.  It seemed like they were old, mishandled, etc. and they stunk like a stinky gym sock.  It ruined a batch or two of beer before I realized what was up and I have not ordered from them since.  If there is a new owner then maybe I need to look at them again.  Make sure you give the hops a good sniff when you open them.  I have been relying on hops from Hops Direct and Yakima.  Btw, Drez... I am on the last of the five pounds of Hallertau I got for $5.  :lol:  There are maybe 12-14 ounces of the last pound left and then I'll have to order more.  The last hops I ordered were from Hops Direct... $5 a pound for Mt. Hood and Northern Brewer and both of those were in very good shape.  

#5 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:09 PM

I usually buy from hops direct but they've were out of Hallertau pretty quick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users