#1 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 19 November 2019 - 10:38 AM

Just bought a couple pounds of hops over at Hops Direct cause my fridge is completely out and they just sent me an email. The prices are pretty great, though it is for older stock, so keep that in mind!

It's good to be stocked back up though!

https://hopsdirect.c...ctions/hop-sale

#2 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 10:45 AM

Anyone used Cashmere before?

#3 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16602 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:12 AM

Yes. Cashmere is quite nice.

#4 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53897 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:20 AM

Anyone used Cashmere before?

Yes, I posted a Cashmere Pale Ale HERE in 2017. I see that my snip in that thread is not active but if anyone is interested I'm sure I still have the recipe and I will be happy to post it.

#5 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53897 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:50 AM

Found it. My guess is that some of you cavemen would prefer more hops later in the boil and some DHs too. The recipe is solid.

cashmeresnip.png

#6 pkrone

pkrone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationTejas

Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:17 PM

They seem to be sold out of all the German stuff.   Bummer. 

#7 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:14 PM

Like most of these threads this one cost me............

B)

#8 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53897 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:47 PM

They seem to be sold out of all the German stuff.   Bummer. 

They had Gr. Northern Brewer and also Tradition available.  I was going to get some First Gold but those were sold out.

Like most of these threads this one cost me............

B)

Yep.  Picked up a pound of Mt. Hood and a pound of Northern Brewer.  $10 for 2 pounds of hops and then $14 for shipping.  <_<  Still pretty good.

Thanks for posting this JB!!  

#9 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:04 PM

No problem! I ended up grabbing 4 lbs of hops. That should help me keep brewing for quite some time. Now all I need is a sale on malt!

Edit: I also grabbed a lbs of cashmere. I ended up planting some this year, so I'll have to experiment with how I like using it!

Edited by jayb151, 20 November 2019 - 02:05 PM.

#10 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53897 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:45 PM

No problem! I ended up grabbing 4 lbs of hops. That should help me keep brewing for quite some time. Now all I need is a sale on malt!

Edit: I also grabbed a lbs of cashmere. I ended up planting some this year, so I'll have to experiment with how I like using it!

Look at Label Peelers for malt.  Often cheaper to buy and ship than it is to pick it up locally.  A bag of Simpsons Golden Promise at Brew & Grow in Roselle was $90!  :o

#11 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:46 AM

Look at Label Peelers for malt.  Often cheaper to buy and ship than it is to pick it up locally.  A bag of Simpsons Golden Promise at Brew & Grow in Roselle was $90!  :o

Geez! That's a bit too rich for my blood. I was planning on ordering a bag or two from LP. I've been watching them and if I time it right I can get some malt for a great price. I also am not digging my local guy in St. Charles. I feel like I'm always inconveniencing them when I come in, and their prices aren't great.

I'm getting to the point now that I almost never brew 'spur of the moment' so I'd rather have a stocked warehouse myself.

#12 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53897 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:11 AM

Geez! That's a bit too rich for my blood. I was planning on ordering a bag or two from LP. I've been watching them and if I time it right I can get some malt for a great price. I also am not digging my local guy in St. Charles. I feel like I'm always inconveniencing them when I come in, and their prices aren't great.

I'm getting to the point now that I almost never brew 'spur of the moment' so I'd rather have a stocked warehouse myself.

Occasionally LP will have a big sale where things are 35% or even 50% off and that's when you strike.  I got a 50lb sack of Briess Pilsen malt for $29!  I realize it's Briess but you bet I used it (I cut it with some GP to give it some better depth and I just brewed light styles with it... turned out great).  There was also a sack of MO at Brew & Grow that was over a hundred bucks.  The dude was looking at his screen to find it then looked up at me and then looked back down at the screen with his eyes bugged out and then looked back at me.  I think it was $108.  <_<  I took the GP for $90 instead.  

The Swaen products at LP are pretty good.  It's from Holland.  The pilsner was very good and the pale ale malt was not quite as good as I hoped but it was still pretty good for the price.  I think I got those for somewhere around $38-$40 for 55lbs when they had a sale and they have every malt you could want:  Crystals, Munich, Vienna, Wheat, "Lager Malt", etc.   If I see one coming up, I'll post it.  Cheers JB.  

#13 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53897 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:49 PM

Hops are in da house!!

** Disclaimer:  Hops are not actually "in the house"... they're in the garage staying cold while I rake leaves. **   :lol:

#14 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 22 November 2019 - 03:39 PM

Hops are in da house!!

** Disclaimer:  Hops are not actually "in the house"... they're in the garage staying cold while I rake leaves. **   :lol:

My 3# of Amarillo are partying in Wyoming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users