21 replies to this topic

#1 Augie1991

Augie1991

8 Lives

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23541 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:00 PM

So a week ago I decided to try Fortnite on my boys Xbox.  Got 5 kills so far but from camping out.  A few questions for you hardcore gamers.....

1)  How in the heck do you get used to using that lower right joystick that basically adjusts your view all over the place?  It is the aiming joystick.  Do you adjust the sensitivity?  I think my boy has it set SUPER sensitive...

2)  How do you improve your killing abilities?  I have practiced a few times in playground shooting targets.  But I have found in gameplay that I can only get kills in game mode when I camp / hide and wait.  When I go to attack I get my aim all screwed up :(  I often get sniped.  I have yet to get used to shooting the sniper rifles and I cannot build at all yet :(  

How did you guys progress from playing Donkey Kong to managing that several joystick, bumper, trigger, monster that is an XBOX controller?!

#2 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59084 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 31 October 2019 - 02:29 AM

git gud

#3 Glacies

Glacies

Comptroller of Schwanz Hats

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:09 AM

So a week ago I decided to try Fortnite on my boys Xbox.  Got 5 kills so far but from camping out.  A few questions for you hardcore gamers.....

1)  How in the heck do you get used to using that lower right joystick that basically adjusts your view all over the place?  It is the aiming joystick.  Do you adjust the sensitivity?  I think my boy has it set SUPER sensitive...

2)  How do you improve your killing abilities?  I have practiced a few times in playground shooting targets.  But I have found in gameplay that I can only get kills in game mode when I camp / hide and wait.  When I go to attack I get my aim all screwed up :(  I often get sniped.  I have yet to get used to shooting the sniper rifles and I cannot build at all yet :(  

How did you guys progress from playing Donkey Kong to managing that several joystick, bumper, trigger, monster that is an XBOX controller?!

Standard shooter stuff. You suck until you develop the tiny muscles in your fingers to really manipulate the stick.

heyoooo!

#4 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111714 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:54 AM

Practice, practice, practice.

#5 Glacies

Glacies

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:58 AM

yeah, if you're not practicing at video games, wtf do you even do, brah?

but seriously, if you're asking yourself these deep questions about your n00bness, that's it.

#6 Augie1991

Augie1991

8 Lives

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23541 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 08:43 AM

Last night I finished 3rd in Battle Royale!
Only 1 kill. Again, still hiding a lot. Starting to build and learning to use left trigger for distance aiming.

Edited by Augie91, 31 October 2019 - 08:44 AM.

#7 orudis

orudis

Deputy Comptroller of Rarts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25301 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:04 PM

Yes, decrease the sensitivity of the right joystick, until you figure out what you're doing, then increase it back up.    

#8 Glacies

Glacies

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 04:53 AM

Whoa... you're like a videogame coach. You're like his Mickey!

"Respawn you sonofabitch! Cuz orudis loves ya"

#9 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64039 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:24 AM

My kids got the Switch in 2018 and I've played very intermittently. I've just gotten good enough to beat little kids routinely (playing after school during the week and weekend mornings). When I log on after 9pm, that's when all the hardcore MFers are playing. I get slaughtered pretty quick.

If you want some wins play Saturday morning. That's my advice.

#10 Augie1991

Augie1991

8 Lives

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23541 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 01:42 PM

New Map PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Been getting killed going to new popular spots on map :(

#11 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53800 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 03:48 PM

I played some Outer Worlds a couple weeks ago.  I was turrible, turrible, turrible.  I did kill a few droids but like Augie, getting the hang of both of the joysticks especially the one on the right.... I'm just turrible.  I will practice.  

#12 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112413 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:59 AM

Leeeerooyyyy huuuJenkiiiins!!!

#13 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53800 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:43 PM

At least I have chicken.  

#14 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59084 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:48 PM

At least I have chicken.  

Weakest of all birds.

I actually paid more recently for chickens that were certified as caged. Nothing tastes better than captivity. 

#15 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64039 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:52 AM

I played some Outer Worlds a couple weeks ago.  I was turrible, turrible, turrible.  I did kill a few droids but like Augie, getting the hang of both of the joysticks especially the one on the right.... I'm just turrible.  I will practice.  

You get used to it.  It took me a while.  I hadn't played any video games, aside from a little bit of Wii, since 2003-2004.  I like playing with the kids, it's good bonding.  

New Map PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Been getting killed going to new popular spots on map :(

Took me a bit to figure it out but if you kill "the Boss" in each of the new areas you get their fancy weapon.  I've managed to get the golden minigun (The Grotto) and explosive bow (Oil Rig).  I'm not sure what the other ones are but it takes a hell of a lot of shots to kill the bosses.  I've done it from a distance, I got killed pretty quick when I tried up close.  

#16 Augie1991

Augie1991

8 Lives

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23541 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:30 AM

New map has got me down. Old Augie sucks!

#17 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53800 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:17 PM

You get used to it.  It took me a while.  I hadn't played any video games, aside from a little bit of Wii, since 2003-2004.  I like playing with the kids, it's good bonding.   

I'm very much the same... We had Wii and I played with the kids and that was cool.  But things have changed.  Controls, graphics, storylines, etc. are much different.  My dad was over once and we came down to the basement to get some beer.  My son was playing NHL 2016 (or something) and my dad was like "Oh cool.  I didn't even know the Blackhawks were playing today!".  :covreyes:  

#18 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64039 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 27 February 2020 - 12:58 PM

I'm very much the same... We had Wii and I played with the kids and that was cool.  But things have changed.  Controls, graphics, storylines, etc. are much different.  My dad was over once and we came down to the basement to get some beer.  My son was playing NHL 2016 (or something) and my dad was like "Oh cool.  I didn't even know the Blackhawks were playing today!".  :covreyes:  

I got tricked like that by NBA 2K19.  

#19 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 02 March 2020 - 04:56 AM

figure out a way to use a keyboard and mouse like a real man.

#20 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64039 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 04 March 2020 - 02:36 PM

I've used my kids gaming PCs to play. It's so much easier. A lifetime of handling a mouse has made it second nature. That being said, there's something about the controller that is appealing as well even if more difficult to master.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users