9 replies to this topic

#1 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 10:50 AM

We went to a street fest last night in a neighboring town.  We pretty much go to this every year.  In the past I know I've had some decent Leinie beers and also Shiner Bock at this fest.  Last night I went and bought my tickets and walked to the beer tent and my mouth dropped open... Bud Light, Busch Light, O'Doul's, Shock Top, some wines, a cider and a spiked seltzer (Bon & Viv) and... Next Coast IPA by Goose Island.  So of course I got the IPA but at 7% I had to be careful.  To have Bud Light and Busch Light at the same beer tent seems really weird to me.  Basically nothing in the middle... you go from water to 7% IPA.  <_<

#2 shaggaroo

shaggaroo

Comptroller of Hot Flashes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1962 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NY

Posted 24 August 2019 - 02:14 PM

Likewise I was disappointed at the Milwaukee Irish Fest... no Guinness to be found, no Irish beer of any kind to be found... some kind of distributor BS.

#3 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68748 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 24 August 2019 - 02:46 PM

Likewise I was disappointed at the Milwaukee Irish Fest... no Guinness to be found, no Irish beer of any kind to be found... some kind of distributor BS.

shenanigans!

#4 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:40 PM

Wow, that's unseemly.  

#5 LeftyMPfrmDE

LeftyMPfrmDE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:00 PM

this kind of shenanigans happens around here; if it's a festival that's solely sponsored by the distributors,and it's well announced,  all that is poured is  ABInbev/ MillerCoors brands; things you've all a 100 times over at the bar or bought at the liquor store. same thing happened a fest during St. Paddy's Day; not one drop of Guinness,Harp, Smithwicks, etc. but all the green budweiser you could drink!

#6 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:09 AM

this kind of shenanigans happens around here; if it's a festival that's solely sponsored by the distributors,and it's well announced,  all that is poured is  ABInbev/ MillerCoors brands; things you've all a 100 times over at the bar or bought at the liquor store. same thing happened a fest during St. Paddy's Day; not one drop of Guinness,Harp, Smithwicks, etc. but all the green budweiser you could drink!

here AB is also one of the major distributors in the state (3-tier model) so they distribute some reasonable craft beers as well so usually some of that would be present as well.  one of the few positives of this distribution setup.

#7 macbrak

macbrak

Comptroller of PUI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationGhost of Jobs Planet

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:21 AM

Same here.

The last time I finished the Baltimore St Patrick's Day Parade 5K I was treated to a michelobe ultra. This is also a whole load of running wtfery. I used to run so I could have more carbs.

Went to the Annapolis Irish Festival and it was 100% AB. Old Dominion Oak Barrel Stout was simultaneously the best/worst option on a hot July Day.

#8 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:36 AM

I guess I just wonder why they couldn't have Honker's Ale or maybe the Goose Island Pils if any of the Goose Island beers were a possibility.  Also, I forgot to mention Mich Ultra was also there (thanks to Macbrac for mentioning it).  I knew I was forgetting something.  Seriously... Bud Light, Busch Light, Odoul's, Mich Ultra, Shock Top, Next Coast IPA.  Whoever thought that was a good idea was truly wrong.  

#9 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:54 AM

Town next door had a beer garden for their 4th of July festival. I guess we were lucky, only a couple BMC offerings and then Harpoon Rec League, Wormtown and Treehouse.

#10 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:05 AM

Town next door had a beer garden for their 4th of July festival. I guess we were lucky, only a couple BMC offerings and then Harpoon Rec League, Wormtown and Treehouse.

nice selection!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users