#1 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10543 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 27 January 2019 - 03:10 PM

Brand new electric brewing control panel. This panel is very similar to the ones you see on www.theelectricbrewery.com although much smaller at 13.5”H x 12” W x 8” D.  Most of the components and features are the same.  This panel is a 50amp panel that would allow back to back batches or two elements to be run at the same time.  Auber instruments PID’s are the heart of the panel.  One of the main differences in this panel is the use of a SWA-2451 PID for the HLT.  This PID has a timer built in, so in conjunction with the alarm system you can use this feature to set a timer for when you want the HLT to start heating.  For example, you could set the timer the night before brew day and wake up to hot water.  The other PID’s are the standard SYL-2352’s.  Another great feature to this panel is the main timer.  It uses an Auber JSL-73 that let’s you set up multi events.  You can have an overall time and then other events for hop additions, whirlfloc or other things.  It’s also very easy to set up and use.  The temp probe receptacles are locking female XLR’S.  The pump and heating element receptacles are NEMA twist to lock.  Any questions on what to buy for the mating half just let me know.  The main power receptacle is a 50-amp California style.  I am including the mating half, just add the cable.  The volt/amp meter is an all in one unit that is self-powered.  It also matches the PID’s very well with the red/green color scheme.  Most other features are fairly basic.  LED push button switches for pumps, timer alarm and power.  Combo light/buzzer alarm.  Standard switches for alarms and elements.  And LED indicators for heating elements. Added bonus is that I welded nuts to the inside of the panel so you can bolt a standard TV mount to the back.  If there are any questions about anything just let me know.  Since I took these pictures, I have added labels to the bottom receptacles.  Asking $2100

Photo-Jan-25-9-25-34-AM.jpg

Photo-Jan-25-9-14-06-AM.jpg

Photo-Jan-25-9-15-43-AM.jpg

Photo-Jan-25-9-14-45-AM.jpg

Photo-Jan-25-9-15-06-AM.jpg

#2 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18036 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 04:13 PM

Nice looking panel Matt.

#3 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10543 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

Nice looking panel Matt.

Thanks!

#4 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:54 PM

impressive!

#5 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10543 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:21 PM

impressive!

Thanks! You need one? I sold the one in the OP, but building another.

#6 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10543 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 03:12 PM

I have another one of these finished if anyone is looking to get into the electric game.

#7 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 24 April 2020 - 05:08 AM

I have to admit this looks awesome but I'm unlikely to ever have all of the equipment for that thing to control :P

You should design a basic one for basic brewers like myself ;)

#8 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10543 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 06:09 AM

I have to admit this looks awesome but I'm unlikely to ever have all of the equipment for that thing to control :P

You should design a basic one for basic brewers like myself ;)

Thanks. Really it only controls 2 pumps and 2 elements and the third PID just monitors temp.

I thought about it years ago when I started building these. But it has taken me that long to build them and I think my wife is tired of this temporary workbench I've had setup. Plus its hard to get motivated to do electrical work when I do it all day for work. That's the biggest reason I got this latest one done is that I'm unemployed.

#9 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 24 April 2020 - 04:21 PM

Thanks. Really it only controls 2 pumps and 2 elements and the third PID just monitors temp.

I thought about it years ago when I started building these. But it has taken me that long to build them and I think my wife is tired of this temporary workbench I've had setup. Plus its hard to get motivated to do electrical work when I do it all day for work. That's the biggest reason I got this latest one done is that I'm unemployed.

well I'm only looking at one element with no automatic control.  really nice work though.  very clean looking.

#10 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10543 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 06:14 PM

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users