#1 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10740 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:32 PM

Just got in from our club event. Nice crisp fall day with plenty of sunshine. Very good event we had 4 people show up to learn the process. Two of them brewed and I helped them though the process. Those two each purchased another kit before leaving and are already hooked. One of the observers couldn't stay all day, but saw enough of the process to purchase a kit to do tomorrow. It's always great to see new people starting out and I am proud that I was personally involved in helping them.A senior member of the club organized a 48 gallon batch of Flanders Red Ale that was split among 10 club members. We are going to open ferment without pitching any yeast. These spontaneously fermented beers will be discussed at monthly meetings and we plan to have tastings as they become ready over the course of the next year. Lots of great food and homebrew to sample during the day.

#2 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54135 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:18 PM

Very cool that you got out there to do that. I have always wanted to, but the weekends are usually crazy. It would have been a nice day to do it here... 75° and bright sunshine all day. Big ups to you for helping spread the insanity... ahem ... great hobby of homebrewing. Cheers!

#3 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:13 AM

Sounds like a great event. I agree with Ken great work and getting more people into this obsession of ours too. I love teaching and showing people about brewing and have taught a couple club members how to brew all grain too. My club didn't organize a special event for this years day. I brewed Fri night but it was just me no teaching. Congrats again and yes 75-80 is lovely weather, its great down here as well. Enjoy the beers too.

#4 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:23 PM

Hhmmmm. Deja Vu!!HVHB, eh?Sounds like it was a good time.

#5 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10740 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:34 AM

Hhmmmm. Deja Vu!!HVHB, eh?Sounds like it was a good time.

Yep HVHB club. Are you still a member?

#6 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:37 AM

Yep HVHB club. Are you still a member?

I actually have not become a member yet, but I do get the club emails. I'm currently a member of Defiant Homebrewers, formerly Ramapo Ruffians

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users