2 replies to this topic

#1 SCOTTinLHC

SCOTTinLHC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationLake Havasu City, AZ

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:44 AM

First, some background. In 1986 I was shot 3 times in the head. Obviously I survived, but a lot of years are either missing or spotty.Not looking for sympathy, just need to let you know why I need the help.I'm trying to put some finishing touches on a different mead, and need help in the calculations.If I add 1Tbsp of a liquid flavor to 1 cup of mead, how much would I need to add to get the same effect in 5gallons?would it be 1 (Tbsp) is to 16 (1 cup) as X (whatever) is to 5 Gallons ??and if my googling is right, 1 Gallon = 16 cups and 16 Tbsp = 1 Cup.It only works out to a point for me, and then it goes blank & I get confused.Could someone PLEASE give me the proper formula and instructions to figure this out? Is there an online way of punching in the numbers to have it show you the right answer??? I used to tutor algebra, but so much was lost it's quite a struggle.Thanks everyone. Posted ImageScott

Edited by SCOTTinLHC, 07 November 2009 - 11:55 AM.

#2 dondewey

dondewey

No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11713 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:17 PM

Yeah, that's right.Here's another way to look at it: 1 TBS is 0.5 oz. 1 cup is 8 oz. So, you are doing a 1:16 mixture. 5 gallons is 640 oz. 640/16 is 40 oz.

#3 SCOTTinLHC

SCOTTinLHC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationLake Havasu City, AZ

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:28 AM

Thanks folks.Now that it's been explained both ways, I think I see what I was missing. I'd prefer to mess around w/1 Cup of brew & possibly ruin it, than to mess around w/the full 5 gallons & be shamed by my family & friends! :cheers:BTW... Anyone have a used brain I can buy? (not so happy w/this one)...Thx.Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users