#1 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64096 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:25 PM

I stopped by the LHBS on my way home to day to pick up some WLP007 for a few beers coming up. I was planning on slanting the 007 and some 830 that I've had in my fridge for a while. While I was there I noticed they had discounted vials of expired yeast. I picked through them an found some 833 and 838. Having heard good things about both, I grabbed them for 1/2 price. Now I have four strains to slant and add to the library with 001. My plan for world domination is coming to fruition!!! ;)

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:15 AM

I stopped by the LHBS on my way home to day to pick up some WLP007 for a few beers coming up. I was planning on slanting the 007 and some 830 that I've had in my fridge for a while. While I was there I noticed they had discounted vials of expired yeast. I picked through them an found some 833 and 838. Having heard good things about both, I grabbed them for 1/2 price. Now I have four strains to slant and add to the library with 001. My plan for world domination is coming to fruition!!! ;)

after the zombie apocalypse I'll be coming to you for my yeast needs.

#3 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64096 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:36 PM

This was also the first time that I've got a vial of yeast that was more than 4 months from the freshness date. They must've just got them in from White Labs. ;)

#4 Jimmy James

Jimmy James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:54 PM

This was also the first time that I've got a vial of yeast that was more than 4 months from the freshness date. They must've just got them in from White Labs. :blink:

Ahh, I remember the first time I got a vial more than 4 months from the best before date ;) :facepalm: :blink:

#5 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:11 AM

This was also the first time that I've got a vial of yeast that was more than 4 months from the freshness date. They must've just got them in from White Labs. :cheers:

I've gotten wyeast a week after manufacture/packaging. pretty sweet!

#6 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64096 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:00 PM

mmmmmm...high viability...Welp, now I have 001, 007, 830, 833 and 838 on slants. I didn't plan on slanting so many lager strains. I really was only planning on maintaining the 800, 830 and maybe 820, but the 833 and 838 were cheap and I couldn't resist. For ales I still want to get 002, and possibly 011 and 300.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users