2 replies to this topic

#1 BarefootBrews

BarefootBrews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:42 AM

I've brewed this recipe a couple of times and have always been pleased with it. Hopefully I will be able to brew sometime this weekend and have it kegged and carbed up by mid-December.11.0 lbs Pale Malt0.5lbs Crystal 800.25 lbs Biscuit0.25 lbs Chocolate Malt0.25 lbs Honey Malt0.25 lbs Special-B0.065 lbs Debittered Black0.75 oz Centennial (FWH)0.75 oz Nugget (60 min)0.5 oz Centennial (10 min)0.5 oz Willamette (10 min)0.5 oz Centennial (2 min)0.5 oz Willamette (2 min)1.0 oz Columbus (dry hop)WYeast 1028 London AleOG: 1.064, FG: 1.014, IBU: 75, SRM: 21, ABV: 6.6%This time around I'm considering dropping the Special-B and trying some Kiln Coffee Malt that I bought a few months back. I have not brewed with it yet and am curious to try it in something. I also have a 2nd generation WLP007 that I will be fermenting with this time instead of the 1028.

#2 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10746 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:13 PM

Thanks for posting. I have a belgian yeast IPA almost finished now and I just had a DFH India Brown Ale and want to give that a shot. I've been bored with my standard IPA lately and want to find a more signiture beer to have around all the time. This may be the one....

#3 BarefootBrews

BarefootBrews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:33 PM

Thanks for posting. I have a belgian yeast IPA almost finished now and I just had a DFH India Brown Ale and want to give that a shot. I've been bored with my standard IPA lately and want to find a more signiture beer to have around all the time. This may be the one....

It has been a while since I've had a DFH IBA, but I do like it. I was going for something more like this one with the hops that I chose... https://terrapinbeer...tyle-Brown-Ale- I left out the Chinook since I'm not a big fan of them and added a Centennial FWH instead. US-05, 1056, or WLP001 would be a better choice of yeast for this style beer, but I do like the complexity that an English yeast brings out in the beer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users