9 replies to this topic

#1 TCBLF

TCBLF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNor Cal

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:49 PM

OK, I will be going from a 3 tier gravity system to a 2 tier system and will need a Pump. I brew 10 gallon batches and was trying to figure out which pump I need for my new system. Is the March 809HS-PL the one to get? Any advice would be appreciated. Share your knowledge with me. Thanks.

#2 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18083 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:55 PM

I do not have any experiance wiht this pump but if you do not mind that fact that it does not have threads on the input and output it may be worht a shot. The price seems good and it can handle up to 203*. https://cgi.ebay.com...tn=10&ps=63Edit .. nevermind that is 230v

#3 TCBLF

TCBLF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNor Cal

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

I do not have any experiance wiht this pump but if you do not mind that fact that it does not have threads on the input and output it may be worht a shot. The price seems good and it can handle up to 203*. https://cgi.ebay.com...FI&otn=10&ps=63Edit .. nevermind that is 230v

Thanks for the quick edit on the 230v

#4 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9093 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:04 PM

OK, I will be going from a 3 tier gravity system to a 2 tier system and will need a Pump. I brew 10 gallon batches and was trying to figure out which pump I need for my new system. Is the March 809HS-PL the one to get? Any advice would be appreciated. Share your knowledge with me. Thanks.

That's the one I just got and I'm lovin' it!

#5 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18083 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:06 PM

Thanks for the quick edit on the 230v

Sorry about that. The march one that you have in your first post is the one my home brewers use. I had it and did not like it because I had some priming issues. I went with an Iwaki pump but they are more expensive than the march pumps. I think the march issues were operator error.

#6 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:07 PM

That's the one I just got and I'm lovin' it!

+1 I just switched my system from gravity to a single tier with that March pump this year. Took me a couple brews to nail down the best ways of doing everything but now everything runs great. I have more time to tend to other details while the pump does the work and my back is happier for it too!

#7 BrianBrewerKS

BrianBrewerKS

Comptroller of Winging It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:28 PM

I happened to wonder over to a green message board and found this exact same question posted one minute after it was posted here.5 replies over here.0 replies over there. :cheers:

#8 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18083 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:31 PM

I happened to wonder over to a green message board and found this exact same question posted one minute after it was posted here.5 replies over here.0 replies over there. :devil:

What is the "green message board" you talk of? :cheers:

#9 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:48 PM

Sorry about that. The march one that you have in your first post is the one my home brewers use. I had it and did not like it because I had some priming issues. I went with an Iwaki pump but they are more expensive than the march pumps. I think the march issues were operator error.

This is a big consideration in the way you design your system and definitely part of the learning curve when incorporating a pump into your system. I made sure the pump was the lowest piece in the system and once I got into the groove of which valves to open at which time I never had another priming issue.

I happened to wonder over to a green message board and found this exact same question posted one minute after it was posted here.5 replies over here.0 replies over there. :cheers:

The intertron can be a lonely place in some corners

#10 gumballhead

gumballhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Locationsw michigan

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:23 PM

What is the "green message board" you talk of? :cheers:

TIS THE BOARD WITH NO NAME AND SHANT NOT BE MENTIONED......PAY NO MIND TO THE MAN BEHIND THE GREEN CURTAIN. :devil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users