23 replies to this topic

#1 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18068 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:35 PM

Anyone else have a supporter version of Bru'n Water?  If so, have you gotten any updates?  I notice on the website they are on version 5.3 but the last update I received was 4.2 back in January of 2017.  Just curious if anyone else has gotten any updates.  I did send an e-mail to Martin asking also.

#2 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:19 PM

Martin emailed me a copy of the latest.  I have not updated my profile into it yet.

#3 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18068 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:59 PM

Martin emailed me a copy of the latest. I have not updated my profile into it yet.

Thanks. I guess I will wait and see if I get the update or a email response.

#4 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:25 AM

Anyone else have a supporter version of Bru'n Water?  If so, have you gotten any updates?  I notice on the website they are on version 5.3 but the last update I received was 4.2 back in January of 2017.  Just curious if anyone else has gotten any updates.  I did send an e-mail to Martin asking also.

I got 5.1 a few weeks ago, then 5.3 a couple weeks after that. 

#5 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18068 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:36 PM

I got 5.1 a few weeks ago, then 5.3 a couple weeks after that.

Still no update or response.

#6 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:18 AM

Still no update or response.

I just pinged Martin.  We'll see if that does any good.  He may be off racing his motorcycle.

#7 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18068 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:25 AM

I just pinged Martin. We'll see if that does any good. He may be off racing his motorcycle.

Thanks Denny.

#8 mabrungard

mabrungard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:33 PM

Sorry for the delay in getting the new version to all you great Bru'n Water supporters. However, with thousands of you out there and the fact that I'm sending messages with an almost 1MB attachment, my internet provider limits the number of messages that I can send daily. At a rate of around 100 per day, I'm betting that most of you can see that it will be a month or two before everyone get's their copy. 

I haven't forgotten your support and I hope that you all appreciate the improvements in the new version. As usual, pay attention to your email. Gmail users need to be extra attentive since that email service sucks and your program is going to end up in the spam or trash folder. 

#9 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:42 PM

Sorry for the delay in getting the new version to all you great Bru'n Water supporters. However, with thousands of you out there and the fact that I'm sending messages with an almost 1MB attachment, my internet provider limits the number of messages that I can send daily. At a rate of around 100 per day, I'm betting that most of you can see that it will be a month or two before everyone get's their copy. 

I haven't forgotten your support and I hope that you all appreciate the improvements in the new version. As usual, pay attention to your email. Gmail users need to be extra attentive since that email service sucks and your program is going to end up in the spam or trash folder. 

why not put this thing on google drive or something similar and send everyone a link?

#10 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18068 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:41 AM

Thanks. Still would like to know why the last update I received was 4.2, I assume there were updates between 4.2 and 5.3?

#11 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:09 AM

Thanks. Still would like to know why the last update I received was 4.2, I assume there were updates between 4.2 and 5.3?

Do you even software develop bro? ;)

#12 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18068 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:16 AM

Do you even software develop bro? ;)

No!  I just want to make sure my water is where I want it to be!

#13 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18068 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:57 AM

Received my upgrade to 5.3.  Now, to brew and test it out!

#14 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16639 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:47 PM

Are the formulas/calculations different? I am still on version 1.6, not because I don’t particularly want to upgrade, but because it just works. I know Martin is a low-DO brewer too; is there any low-DO stuff included in the newer versions?

Edited by neddles, 20 August 2018 - 02:48 PM.

#15 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18068 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:32 PM

Are the formulas/calculations different? I am still on version 1.6, not because I don’t particularly want to upgrade, but because it just works. I know Martin is a low-DO brewer too; is there any low-DO stuff included in the newer versions?

Here is the explanation from the email. I am hoping the changes made for thin mashes helps me. I have had issues hitting numbers with biab.

"Hi,

This is a major upgrade to Bru'n Water (v 5.3). The pH prediction has been further improved, additional grain options have been added, calculations for thin mashes are improved, and the addition of sodium metabisulfite allows users to explore low dissolved oxygen brewing."

#16 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:45 PM

Here is the explanation from the email. I am hoping the changes made for thin mashes helps me. I have had issues hitting numbers with biab.

"Hi,

This is a major upgrade to Bru'n Water (v 5.3). The pH prediction has been further improved, additional grain options have been added, calculations for thin mashes are improved, and the addition of sodium metabisulfite allows users to explore low dissolved oxygen brewing."

OMG LOL

I may have to look into this though.  I mash very thin ;)

#17 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16639 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:40 PM

"Hi,

Well, I may want to look into this then. Thanks for that.

OMG LOL

Lulz? Did I miss something?

#18 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 21 August 2018 - 03:45 AM

Lulz? Did I miss something?

LODO making it's way into bru'n water.  just funny.

#19 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16639 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:20 AM

Ah, got it.

#20 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18068 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:42 AM

LODO making it's way into bru'n water.  just funny.

Much further than that actually. Stout is designing system specifically for Low Oxygen https://conical-ferm...wing-systems/ 

Speidel also makes a  low oxygen setup for their equipment. https://www.morebeer...ing-kit-20.html

Still a niche part of brewing but seems to have some hold.  On one side you have fast and sloppy and the other 100% low oxygen. Like most things I just want to be somewhere in the middle..lol.  Good beer that does not take forever and cost me a retirement account.

Edited by drez77, 21 August 2018 - 04:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users