2 replies to this topic

#1 Bevo

Bevo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

Well guys, I just finished my first batch..Just pitched us-05 about an hour ago. I have my fermenter sitting in a cooler at about 65 dgs I hope to see some action in the morning! I didn't do the mini mash on the German pils, I Want to see where I'm at following the recipe. After everything is done and I have cloudy beer I have the knowledge to adjust from all the advise from you guys..But I think my beer will turn out just fine! Thanks for all your advise!!

#2 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:44 PM

Nice!!! Cheers to what sounds like successful brew, hope everything turns out well, and just remember- brew a whole lot more so you are not tempted to taste prematurely, have other batches soon at the ready, and go buy some Reissdorf when you get tempted!

#3 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:49 AM

Congratulations. I second the "having more beer in process". And as stated, don't be tempted. Once you get those bottles ready, give them time to carbonate. Here is a tip I give newbies. Clean and sanitize one (1) 12 ounce Pepsi bottle, including the cap. When you are bottling, fill it as you would your other bottles and hand crank that cap on. As the bottle conditions, the plastic will go rigid from the pressure. This will give you an idea of how well it is carbonating and how long it will take. Once it is rigid, give it at least a week, put it in the fridge and test it the next day. You may find that it is "ready", or you may find that the rest of your batch needs to sit a bit longer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users