5 replies to this topic

#1 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53927 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:34 AM

I'm going to use these Loral hops late and see what happens.  Some say the hop is not that great while others say it's changing the brewing world.  I watched a short video by Stone Brewing describing how great it is.  It's supposed to straddle the line between "noble" and "citrus" and is supposed to have some herbal qualities, etc.  If I get noble I'll be happy and if I get citrus I'll be happy and if I get a mix I'll be happy so I feel like I can't lose.

jhewhx.png

#2 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:38 AM

"changing the brewing world"  WOW that is a stretch IMO!  I think the recipe is fine, I got a lot of herbal out of the loral I used. 

#3 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:38 AM

I don't know much about those hops but that sounds like a good recipe.

#4 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53927 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:03 PM

"changing the brewing world"  WOW that is a stretch IMO!  I think the recipe is fine, I got a lot of herbal out of the loral I used. 

If you Google "Loral hops" you'll get a result that says that.  What I'm going for here is a sort of "under control" pale ale... not flashy, not over-the-top on hopiness, just clean and bright.  Loral seemed a reasonable fit and the last time I made a beer like this it was Styrian Golding and Cascade so this COULD be similar if the 'citrus' part comes through.  

#5 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53927 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:29 PM

#6 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:02 PM

I'm interested in how this turns out. Ghosthammer was kind of meh for me. I mean, it was good, but I expected more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users