jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:42 PM

Hey all, 

My wife has a conference going on in Boston next week, and we managed to get babysitters for the weekend so I'm going to meet her over there! first weekend without the kids since having them!

So I want to make the most of it. I'm looking for a place we can get great beer and great food. Any body got suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I know I can just check google, but you guys would have a better idea of what's actually good compared to what google says.

I'm also thinking about checking out Sam Adams, just cause it's such a huge name, but let me know what's good. I'll be arriving the 4th, and coming back home the 6th in the AM.

thanks for the suggestions!

#2 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:02 PM

Hey all, 

My wife has a conference going on in Boston next week, and we managed to get babysitters for the weekend so I'm going to meet her over there! first weekend without the kids since having them!

So I want to make the most of it. I'm looking for a place we can get great beer and great food. Any body got suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I know I can just check google, but you guys would have a better idea of what's actually good compared to what google says.

I'm also thinking about checking out Sam Adams, just cause it's such a huge name, but let me know what's good. I'll be arriving the 4th, and coming back home the 6th in the AM.

thanks for the suggestions!

I'm not sure I'd bother with sam adams but that's just me.  I've been there - nothing super impressive.

#3 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:14 AM

I'm not sure I'd bother with sam adams but that's just me.  I've been there - nothing super impressive.

just to add to this most brewery tours are fairly meh for me.  rarely do I see something super interesting on them.  I know how beer is made and so do you.  it doesn't help that sam adams is not even close to one of the best breweries out there at this point.

I'm no longer familiar with all of the best spots in and very close to boston proper but I'm sure somebody here can help you out.

check out this recent thread: https://brews-bros.c...-house-brewing/

a lot of the stuff is outside of boston but maybe useful.

#4 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:56 AM

Can you provide any more details on your trip? Staying overnight in Boston or nearby? Any particular style of beer or type of food you are really looking for?

#5 mach5

mach5

Helibottle Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationColumbia, PA

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:37 AM

Trillium.

#6 Murphy

Murphy

No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14017 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:42 AM

Trillium.

only problem being you cannot get drinks/pints/flights at the location in Boston (Fort Point), you can only do take out. 

#7 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18069 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:48 AM

Row 34 is near Trillium and should have some of their beers on tap.

#8 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:53 AM

Row 34 is near Trillium and should have some of their beers on tap.

I think if the goal is to try great local beers this sort suggestion is the way to go. The beers will be plenty fresh and you can try multiple breweries easily.

#9 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:23 PM

Fellas I'll be in Boston for Pearl Jam 9/4. We're staying at a Marriot Copley, apparently walking distance fromFenway. Am I close to any good breweries??

#10 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:46 PM

Fellas I'll be in Boston for Pearl Jam 9/4. We're staying at a Marriot Copley, apparently walking distance fromFenway. Am I close to any good breweries??

that's kind of a fancy area so I'm guessing most craft breweries wouldn't want to pay the rent ;)

I don't know of anything right there but if you are willing to take an uber or the T you'd def be able to get to something not too far away.

#11 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:12 PM

Cool. We'll check it out.

#12 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:14 PM

Cool. We'll check it out.

there is a $100 beer tour you can do but I've never done it.  it would certainly be convenient.

https://www.citybrew...m/boston/tours/

They get excellent reviews on google.

#13 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:05 AM

Sorry I've been dead after asking the question. I'll be staying at the "Boston Common" hotel. on 40 Trinity. Row 34 looks like an easy uber away. Any joints that are walking distance worth checking out?

thanks for the responses!

#14 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:33 AM

You should go check out Samuel Adams grave. You could even have a Samuel Adams while doing so if you are into that :P

#15 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:50 AM

You should go check out Samuel Adams grave. You could even have a Samuel Adams while doing so if you are into that :P

lol!

#16 darkmagneto

darkmagneto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:21 AM

I just got back from a week of work in Boston.  I went to Row 34 for food and beers.  Fantastic food and the beer selection was top notch.  Trillium is next to Row 34, but they only sell to-go at the location on Congress.  Trillium also doesn't distribute, so no kegs in the area.  I took a quick Uber ride out to Chelsea and went to Mystic Brewing.  LOVED their stuff.  Go check that out.  

#17 cavman

cavman

Comptroller of BigPossMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12937 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:13 PM

Mystic is making killer IPA's now and is only a couple miles from Night Shift Brewing, Bone Up is solid and a 2 minute walk from Night Shift(same street) Short Path Distillery is between Night Shift and Bone Up if you like liquor as well. As mentioned Trillium/Row 34 is always a good choice.

#18 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:54 AM

So I got back from Boston yesterday. Really nice little trip with the wife. We ate at Chinatown Every night, so it was some pretty amazing food.

Beerwise, we went to Deep Ellum and Lulu's. they had a really great selection, I can't say I had a bad beer while I was there!

No breweries, but I got my hands on great stuff so I'm ok with that.

Cheers all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users