#21 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:48 AM

PS, it's been a while since I've had some. Sure would be nice to get a couple cans.... hint, cough, cough, hint, hint :)

#22 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:09 PM

Apollo would sub nicely for Warrior at 60 if you still have some.

Even Magnum would work.  All you are looking for are BU's there.

I do have Apollo. I was thinking the Warrior might be lending some character too.

I'll be downtown 8/18-8/20 taking in both Pearl Jam shows at Wrigley and want to get to the brewery :)

That means that you and I are going to meet each other. Not sure which show I'll be at but I have tix to one of them. We'll have to exchange cell numbers and try to meet up. Shows at Wrigley are pretty fun and I've seen Springsteen, Green Day, Foo Fighters and a few others.

#23 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:16 PM

I always found warrior to be clean.  I do not think you will get much character from a 30 minute addition but that may be for another thread!

#24 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:22 PM

I always found warrior to be clean.  I do not think you will get much character from a 30 minute addition but that may be for another thread!

If I'm at the LHBS already I'll see what's up but you're right... I have a pound (ish) of Magnum too so I'm totally fine using that. I'll need a little more since it's 12.7% but that's fine.

#25 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:28 PM

That means that you and I are going to meet each other. Not sure which show I'll be at but I have tix to one of them. We'll have to exchange cell numbers and try to meet up. Shows at Wrigley are pretty fun and I've seen Springsteen, Green Day, Foo Fighters and a few others.

Fantastic! As it approaches we'll figure it out Ken.

I can taste the Daisy Cutter in my head :) This one is also intriguing, just released https://www.halfacre.../19/daisy-capra

#26 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:44 PM

So here is part of the description from the Half Acre site:

Daisy Cutter’s lush and dank characteristics steadily carved out a place within the Chicago brewing landscape. Today, Daisy Cutter is a call brand that we continue to keep raw and relevant. Blended pine, citrus, papaya and mango. Dank. Apparent biscuit, lingering, obscenely dry.

Here are the malts an hops. I have the 2-row, Victory and Abbey but not the special roast. I have Columbus, Citra, Simcoe, Centennial and Amarillo but would have to buy the Warrior & Chinook.

Malts:

2-Row, Victory, Special Roast, and Chateau Abbey.

And for the hops:

Warrior, Centennial, CTZ, Amarillo, Citra, Simcoe, and Chinook.

For those of you who have had it, try to formulate a suitable recipe. The malt bill should be pretty straightforward but the hops could be tricky.

I'm glad to see you kept those specialty malts on the low side.  I find that victory and spec roast could easily overpower a beer but in small amounts add an interesting background note.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users