#1 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47962 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:11 PM

Tried it yet?I actually liked it, just not $7/6er worth of like. Very, very dry, "wheaty" aroma, little hints of citrus. Overall a pretty good beer. If it was priced like regular Bud, I might buy more, but they're pricing it with the "premium" domestics at $7 or $8 for six.

#2 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:15 PM

Tried it yet?I actually liked it, just not $7/6er worth of like. Very, very dry, "wheaty" aroma, little hints of citrus. Overall a pretty good beer. If it was priced like regular Bud, I might buy more, but they're pricing it with the "premium" domestics at $7 or $8 for six.

Yea, I havn't had it yet because it costs the same as a sixer of Goose Island over here! I even stopped at a bar on my way home from school and they didn't carry it! I think the beer Gods are keeping me away from this, although I'm really curious to try it. I've heard good and bad things about it. I really want to try it for myself.

#3 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:22 AM

haven't tried it - only feedback I've gotten before now is that it's good (from a Bud drinker).

#4 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54042 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:47 AM

Banana & clove? I would doubt it, but I just wondered. Also wondered why it's Bud Light Golden Wheat and not something else like Anheuser-Busch Golden Light or whatever. I suppose it's to help get Bud Light drinkers to recognize it easier. The next thing you know, they'll have Bud Light Oktoberfest and Bud Light Belgian Golden too. :)

#5 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:48 AM

Banana & clove? I would doubt it, but I just wondered. Also wondered why it's Bud Light Golden Wheat and not something else like Anheuser-Busch Golden Light or whatever. I suppose it's to help get Bud Light drinkers to recognize it easier. The next thing you know, they'll have Bud Light Oktoberfest and Bud Light Belgian Golden too. :)

yes - that is an odd name I agree.

#6 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFlorence Alabama

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:18 AM

I tried it and thought it was a bit like Bud's version of Blue Moon.

#7 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64061 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:54 AM

I didn't know they were pricing it like a premium brand. Kinda lame.

#8 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54042 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:09 AM

Oh, I get it. It's Bud Light Belgian Wit. So, coriander and orange?

#9 BrianBrewerKS

BrianBrewerKS

Comptroller of Winging It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:18 AM

Haven't tried it yet because of the pricing. Like jayb151 said, I'm not going to buy it when I can get a nice craft brew for the same price.I'll wait until one of my friends buys it. :)

#10 nbbeerguy

nbbeerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationFredericton NB Canada

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:16 AM

Must be nice to be able to buy 6er's for $6-$7 $9.99 here for regular old swill Imports are $13

#11 BarefootBrews

BarefootBrews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:32 AM

Blue Moon would be Coors.

Oh, I get it. It's Bud Light Belgian Wit. So, coriander and orange?

You mean kinda like Shock Top?I haven't tried the Bud Light Golden Wheat yet, but have heard both good and bad about it. I'll give it a try eventually. Gotta love AB's marketing in their TV commercials....at the end of one of the commercials the voice over says, "let the good times roll" as the bottle of BLGW rolls across the table. As if 99.999999% of BL drinkers know the intent of rolling a bottle of Hefeweizen to get the yeast to pour into the beer. Nonetheless clever marketing.

#12 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:10 PM

The wife went with me to get a couple CO2 tanks filled. We stopped for some BBQ at a place on the way back. Good Q but BMC for beer. The had a new one - guess what?I wouldn't have known it had wheat in it unless I was told. The tiny bit of citrus is barely noticable. Nothing bad about it but awfully bland.

#13 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47962 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:44 PM

I think it's much closer to American wheat than anything Belgian. There's definitely no funk to it (can you imagine the shock?). Citrus is veeerrry subtle.As for the Lite in the name, it's dry enough that it has to be very low in calories. Plus, the marketing is stressing how light-tasting it is, no doubt hoping to head off the wheat beer = craft beer = heavy beer connection some people have.

#14 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:13 PM

I was at Wally World and saw it so I bought a sixer. It was only $7 (plus deposit, tax) - that's pretty much what a 6er of swill is around here. It's not bad at all. Not great, like George says, kinda bland. Def something to choose if only BMC is available.

#15 Patrick C.

Patrick C.

Comproller of Toilet Tank Vodka

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8893 posts
  • LocationAcworth GA

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:11 PM

Had it once, and would buy it again if there's nothing better. My take is that it is a light wit. Probably lighter in gravity, and the citrus flavor is not as strong. I wonder if they are still making Shock Top, which was (is?) a more true to style wit. Barefoot- it's not a weizen, and I'd be suprised if the marketing folks that came up with the rolling bottle ad actually meant to refer to that.

#16 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9731 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:05 PM

Havent had it yet. Will have to look for it.Bud Light Wee Heavy .....hmmmmmmmm :smilielol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users