#1 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:48 PM

They had it back in less than 5 minutes.  The guy out front took a call when they brought it out from the back.  I stood there for a minute, the guy looked at me and back at the computer monitor and still talking on the phone.  "I'll catch you next time".  Really?  waved me off again.  Freebie

Been trading there for a long time but he didn't know me and I had never seen him there before.

#2 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16639 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:51 PM

Thats awesome. Though you may not see him there again.

#3 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:56 PM

Thats awesome. Though you may not see him there again.

Honestly I think I will.  That place has always run that way.  Lowest prices in town for refills.  I think extinguishers and other code fire safety stuff is their main money.   I'll offer to pay next time but I would bet they wave it off again.

#4 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16639 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:01 PM

That would be sweet

#5 Steve Urquell

Steve Urquell

Hot Loader

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3874 posts
  • LocationOzarks

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:11 PM

It's nice to have a place that doesn't try to gig you. My local Welsco is like that. $20/20lb fills and don't check the hydro date. Just exchanged 2/20lb tanks I got in a flea market for $5 each.

#6 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54017 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:13 PM

The only advantage I have lately is that the LHBS I've been going to can always fill CO2 tanks immediately which is good. The other good thing is that she doesn't GAF about the stamped date on the tank. She fills whatever you hand her and she does not care. The one place that will fill immediately is a bit of a haul for me and they're sticklers for the date and the other place I used to go to is close but I would have to come back the next day to pick it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users