#1 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:27 AM

I am revisiting Denny's Rye IPA. The mash going now, sixty percent chance of rain. I have set up a nice tarp(tent).And sore at the neighbor who has a garage and drinks bud light(j/k).

#2 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18083 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:25 AM

Brewing Denny's #319 Waldo Lake Amber on Sunday. Got a starter of 1450 going right now. Plan to use the cake for his RIPA in a few weeks.

#3 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:27 AM

Scottish 80/- tomorrow...

#4 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10761 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:30 AM

Nothing planned, but I'm sitting on some Belgian 1388 yeast and if I do get spare time will try to work out a belgian yeast IPA. I might just make a 3 gallon batch to shorten the brew day and to make sure I like what I get.

#5 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:20 AM

It seems like I am one of the few that is not brewing one of Denny's recipes this weekend!I am however brewing tomorrow the recipe posted on Stone's page for the vertical epic 090909. I am going to add some orange peel at 5 minutes, and oak it on med toast french cubes, then throw in 1/2 bean scraped of vanilla at the end of secondary for a couple weeks. Any suggestions on oranges? I usually use naval oranges in my saisons seeing that is most available, however I am going to go to the Spanish grocery store today to look for something slightly more exotic- velencia or blood or something like that.

#6 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:55 AM

I am planning to brew my recipe again from a Belgian IPA using 3522. Came out great the first time and I am ready to make it again. Not sure if it will tomorrow night or sometime this weekend but it will happen.

#7 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:06 AM

I am planning to brew my recipe again from a Belgian IPA using 3522.

Nice, my favorite strain by far- I have a fridge full of it, and am pitching that into my vertical porter tomorrow.

#8 Frogman

Frogman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

Brewed up a cherry wheat yesterday, well right now its just wheat(cherries will have 2 wait till secondary) with very happy yeast. I checked on it this morning and the air lock was all clogged up. By the time I came back with a new one it had blown the top off the bucket. I forgot to add the fermcaps to it, funny how that always comes back to bite me in the ass. Anyway I have a barley wine planned for saturday.

#9 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:35 PM

Nice, my favorite strain by far- I have a fridge full of it, and am pitching that into my vertical porter tomorrow.

Thirsty I totally agree. I have not brewed with many Belgian Yeasts but 3522 is a winner to me. Hope your fermentations run strong.

#10 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9738 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

Wife is out of town, so I want to brew like prohibition is coming back this weekend, but the weather is looking questionable. I am not QUITE to the point of hoping our drought comes back, but I am close. I have had a lot of brew days canceled for weather (rain) lately. That or I need to read the electric brewing threads more carefully and make friends with an electrician.

#11 beach

beach

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:27 AM

Brewing my first attempt at a pumpkin spiced ale (Saturday) and bottling an IPA (Sunday) The starter is going strong. :cheers: Beach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users