#1 nbbeerguy

nbbeerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationFredericton NB Canada

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:41 AM

I just purchased Blichmann Beer Gun and an accessory kit but Ive read that sometimes they dont come with the complete things to set it up https://www.homebrew...item_id=435Will I need something like a splitter to be able to hook it up ?To me it looks like all that is there is the beer line and no CO2 line

Edited by nbbeerguy, 21 October 2009 - 09:43 AM.

#2 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:06 AM

I just purchased Blichmann Beer Gun and an accessory kit but Ive read that sometimes they dont come with the complete things to set it up https://www.homebrew...d=0&item_id=435Will I need something like a splitter to be able to hook it up ?To me it looks like all that is there is the beer line and no CO2 line

The accessory kit will give you the check valve that connects to the gun for your gas line, you will need some type of dedicated gas line to use the purging option of the gun. I have one of my gas lines with an inline QD hooked up, so I can snap on certain accessories. (my beergun line, a line with a liquid ball lock QD, and a line with a gas ball lock QD) You do not need to have an idle line to do this, you can use an existing supply line to a keg, and insert this qd into that, interrupting the supply to whatever keg it goes to during a gunning session. The QDs I use: https://morebeer.com...W__Shut-off_SetOtherwise you will need to split a line with a wye adapter or T splitter, an put a shutoff valve at the beginning to control that line.

#3 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:12 AM

I just purchased Blichmann Beer Gun and an accessory kit but Ive read that sometimes they dont come with the complete things to set it up https://www.homebrew...d=0&item_id=435Will I need something like a splitter to be able to hook it up ?To me it looks like all that is there is the beer line and no CO2 line

I have the beergun and I believe that a gas line and liquid line comes with the kit. I do know you are going to need a way to split the gas from your tank so that one line goes directly to the gun and another to the keg. I went to my LHBS and bought a wye connector (brass adaptor) there is a pic of it in this link. I think thats all you should need. You can't go wrong that is a great device. Enjoy NBhttps://images.googl...hl=en&sa=N&um=1

#4 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:12 AM

After rereading your OP, the simple answer would be yes, it does come with a length of gas line too. One end of the bevline will have a swivel nut attached, this will be to spin on the liquid QD, (ball lock provided, or pin lock if you need it). The other end of the bevline is wide open, this you simply push onto the gun's shaft for each use. The gas line also will have a swivel nut allowing you to attach it to the gun at the check valve provided. The other end of that to is open to allow you to attach it to your gas source of choice.

#5 nbbeerguy

nbbeerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:58 AM

Thanks Guys a "T" it will be then thanks :)I have 2 Full Kegs to bottle :) and give away to friends who doubt home brewed beers

#6 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

If you are going to give it away, might as well have the people that are going to benefit from it help you with the bottling process. Do you have a bench capper? That makes things so much easier with bottling.

#7 nbbeerguy

nbbeerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:45 AM

If you are going to give it away, might as well have the people that are going to benefit from it help you with the bottling process. Do you have a bench capper? That makes things so much easier with bottling.

Nope no bench capper plastic 355Ml PET bottles

#8 Patrick C.

Patrick C.

Comproller of Toilet Tank Vodka

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8917 posts
  • LocationAcworth GA

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:53 AM

Remind them not to throw your bottles away!

#9 nbbeerguy

nbbeerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:34 AM

Remind them not to throw your bottles away!

lol yup those buggers get expensive after awhile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users