#21 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64187 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:10 AM

Well I went the simple route and just ordered through my LHBS. He gave me a fair deal so I figured I'd just take him up on that. $35 for GW pale and two row and $59 for 55# of best malz munich and vienna. The nice thing is no shipping charge and I can pick it up next wednesday. It's a little more than B3 charges, but I don't have to drive to the bay area (I hate driving int he bay area.) They didn't seem too happy to get a 600 dollar order though. He seemed like it was more of an inconvenience than anything. I piggy backed on their order and told him exactly what I wanted, paid upfront and made no changes or anything. I don't get people sometimes.

If you just need one or two bags, those are good prices. Way less than what my LHBS is charging. For future reference, you may want to check with local homebrew clubs to see if they do any bulk orders.

#22 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:20 AM

If you just need one or two bags, those are good prices. Way less than what my LHBS is charging. For future reference, you may want to check with local homebrew clubs to see if they do any bulk orders.

I bought ten sacks myself and a buddy bought 5. That's a bit of money for the shop without really any work at all. I just don't get why it seems like it's an inconvenience.

#23 consumes

consumes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:22 AM

if you live in the northwest https://brewbrothers.net/

#24 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:37 AM

if you live in the northwest https://brewbrothers.net/

I've ordered from them a few times so far. They have the best prices in town and are really easy to work with.

#25 Cliff Claven

Cliff Claven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:18 PM

Well I went the simple route and just ordered through my LHBS. He gave me a fair deal so I figured I'd just take him up on that. $35 for GW pale and two row and $59 for 55# of best malz munich and vienna. The nice thing is no shipping charge and I can pick it up next wednesday. It's a little more than B3 charges, but I don't have to drive to the bay area (I hate driving int he bay area.) They didn't seem too happy to get a 600 dollar order though. He seemed like it was more of an inconvenience than anything. I piggy backed on their order and told him exactly what I wanted, paid upfront and made no changes or anything. I don't get people sometimes.

You gave the guy a $600 sale, with cash in hand, for a product he doesn't/won't have to inventory/store and he is bitching? :)

Edited by Cliff Claven, 24 October 2009 - 08:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users