#1 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:28 AM

:facepalm: OK, I don't have much time to do a search, which came up with 200 results. Anyway, I mashed in and was stabilizing the temp when I dropped the lab thermo in the sparge water too quick ending up breaking my second lab thermo. It is a red liquid filled, which I believe is alcohol?? ANyway, my question is, should I refill and reheat my liquor tank or would it be OK to use as is, with a little bit of the red stuff, and perhaps a little glass too? :blink:

#2 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:10 AM

Nevermind I guess. I decided to get the red blobs sucked out through the diptube and let some water out, but not all. My concern was mainly the smell of the liquid and whether or not it would lead to an off flavor. I'm brewing a Pale ale with 2 row, Vienna, Caramel 40 and a touch of black patent. 10 gallon

#3 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48113 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:01 PM

Sorry we missed the reply. If it's any consolation, it should be fine. Should be just alcohol and coloring. No worried.

#4 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:34 PM

........ I'm brewing a Pale ale .....

I wouldn't have worried about a spirit themometer. But, if you just found an easy way to make a Red let us know. J/K you'll be fine.I ordered a couple extra a few weeks ago. Immediately broke the last one around, putting it away, after the new ones showed up.

Edited by dj in kc, 11 October 2009 - 03:46 PM.

#5 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:07 AM

...But, if you just found an easy way to make a Red let us know. ...

When the recipe calls for one red spirit filled thermometer, crushed; I'm finding a different hobby. <_<

Edited by Stout_fan, 14 October 2009 - 07:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users