- - - - -

Water analysis for charlotte,nc?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 *_Guest_Matt C_*

*_Guest_Matt C_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:26 PM

Does anyone have a detailed water report for charlotte,nc?? I have a rough guess, but would like to know if anyone has had an actual analysis done? thanks in advance.

#2 Brim2theDregs

Brim2theDregs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:50 AM

Hi MattAre you a member of CBM? I pulled these numbers off brewnet and they are several years old. I guess they will get you close. I'm on well water North of you in Iredell county and mine is a bit different. I took the cue from many other brewers on here and sent a sample off to Ward's labs. Can't beat the price ($16.50) and turnaround time was less tan a week.Beer on brotherJodyCharlotte water profileCalcium - 8.2Magnesium .62Sodium - 3.6Sulfate - 5Chloride - 7.9Carbonate - 18PH - 8.92

#3 *_Guest_Matt C_*

*_Guest_Matt C_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:54 AM

Hi MattAre you a member of CBM? I pulled these numbers off brewnet and they are several years old. I guess they will get you close. I'm on well water North of you in Iredell county and mine is a bit different. I took the cue from many other brewers on here and sent a sample off to Ward's labs. Can't beat the price ($16.50) and turnaround time was less tan a week.Beer on brotherJodyCharlotte water profileCalcium - 8.2Magnesium .62Sodium - 3.6Sulfate - 5Chloride - 7.9Carbonate - 18PH - 8.92

Thanks. Yes I am a member of CBM I just haven't been able to goto very many meetings as of late. I was able to a Matthews profile from brewnet...which is less than 5 miles from my house. I've been on the Ward Labs website but they don't make it obvious enough on how to send a sample...or maybe I'm not paying attention :cheers:. How exactly are you supposed to get to send them a water sample?

#4 Brim2theDregs

Brim2theDregs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:34 AM

Thanks. Yes I am a member of CBM I just haven't been able to goto very many meetings as of late. I was able to a Matthews profile from brewnet...which is less than 5 miles from my house. I've been on the Ward Labs website but they don't make it obvious enough on how to send a sample...or maybe I'm not paying attention :cheers:. How exactly are you supposed to get to send them a water sample?

I thought the same thing. I called them up and asked them the best way to get a sample to them for a W6 test. The friendly lady asked me if I was brewing beer!!! I guess she gets a lot of that cause I wasn't slurring my words or nuthin. She said to send them 8 ounces of the water that you brew with (Mine goes through a whole house charcoal filter first). They said that a good thick commercial bottle (Disanni etc.) would be fine, no need to go buy a special bottle, just rinse it out good first and let your water run a little while before you collect the sample to purge the water that has been sitting in the pipes. I wrapped mine in bubble wrap and placed it inside a tight fitting box. I sent it USPS regular mail (5$) and got an email from them a week later. I paid them over the phone and they e-mailed the results immediately.First class service provider all the way. Highly recommended.Here are my results BTW...Units are in PPMpH 7Sodium 6Calcium 8Magnesium 3Potassium 1Total Hardness 33Nitrate 0.7 (SAFE)Sulfur < 1CO3 < 1HCO3 33Chloride 4Total Alkalinity 27TDS Est 58EC 0.1Cations 1Anions 0.7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users