Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Trending: SAB/Miller & AB-InBev buy Northern Brewer & Midwest Supplies...

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#81 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64125 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:19 AM

Over on FB someone posted an NB ad that they've been getting on their feed.  It is freaking hilarious.  It looks like a couple of fashion models huddled around a brew kettle.  I'll have to see if I can get a screen cap of it and post it here.

#82 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54185 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:22 PM

Over on FB someone posted an NB ad that they've been getting on their feed.  It is freaking hilarious.  It looks like a couple of fashion models huddled around a brew kettle.  I'll have to see if I can get a screen cap of it and post it here.

Hilarious. Post it if you find it.

#83 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:22 PM

I think I saw this ad somewhere.  not on FB but somewhere else.

#84 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18076 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:32 PM

Saw this on Denny's FB

15167567_10211300201730347_8738195283787

#85 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64125 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:18 PM

Lol, that's it. I love his 'brewing sweater'. :D

ETA: i think the bud logo is a photoshop though.

Edited by JKor, 21 November 2016 - 02:18 PM.

#86 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54185 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:52 PM

Wow, that's got to be the silliest, most fashion-inaccurate portrayal of a brewer that I have ever seen. Ever. And the observers are also portrayed completely inaccurately, IME. That was dreamt up by a young, newbie marketing or advertising person who has no idea what brewers or brewing is about. No clue. Most brewers that saw that would be laughing their wort-making asses off. :D You need a bald guy with a goatee and a beer-gut. Maybe a flannel shirt, one of those beer-truck shirts or just a t-shirt. The guy in the ad who's not brewing probably has a man-bun going too. :P

#87 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64125 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:05 PM

A few people commented that the new crop of brewers coming up now are a bit different than the old guard brewers. Brewing for them isn't about being a tinkerer, its about being involved in hip beer culture. They're the ones being swayed by that marketing. I can't say i disagree.

#88 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54185 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:17 PM

I suppose that as long as you make good beer then I'm not going to judge... nor would I be inclined to judge in the first place. But I have met hundreds of brewers and in many cases I have met them at brewpubs or we have all gotten together at someone's house to drink homebrew, not MAKE homebrew... and even THEN, these guys weren't dressed this way let alone on brewday. But I digress. There is enough room for everyone in this hobby and all brewers brew differently and make different beers so... we judge not. :D

#89 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64125 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:38 PM

I suppose that as long as you make good beer then I'm not going to judge... nor would I be inclined to judge in the first place. But I have met hundreds of brewers and in many cases I have met them at brewpubs or we have all gotten together at someone's house to drink homebrew, not MAKE homebrew... and even THEN, these guys weren't dressed this way let alone on brewday. But I digress. There is enough room for everyone in this hobby and all brewers brew differently and make different beers so... we judge not. :D

Yeah, i'm more of a 'up at 5am, heating strike water in my PJs and one eye still crusted closed while i try to make coffee' kind of brewer.

#90 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54185 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:09 PM

Yeah, i'm more of a 'up at 5am, heating strike water in my PJs and one eye still crusted closed while i try to make coffee' kind of brewer.

Right. And most brewers I know are like that too. If one of my buds was dressed like this guy, he would predictably get too close to the open flame and that sweater would be toast! :lol:

#91 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:16 PM

1 gallon batch?

#92 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64125 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:02 PM

He has a very 'dainty' hold on that spoon.

#93 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:03 PM

He has a very 'dainty' hold on that spoon.

he has his face back b/c I think he's worried the steam is going to make his hair frizzy.

#94 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64125 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:03 PM

1 gallon batch?

Well, i've heard you can do a concentrated boil then mix with fresh water in the fermenter.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by JKor, 21 November 2016 - 06:04 PM.

#95 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:42 AM

Yeah, it's great to make fun of this, but how do you know that no one is brewing like that?  There are a lot of homebrewers, and especially a lot of newer homebrewers, who view the hobby differently than people who hang out on homebrewing forums.

#96 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:05 AM

Yeah, it's great to make fun of this, but how do you know that no one is brewing like that?  There are a lot of homebrewers, and especially a lot of newer homebrewers, who view the hobby differently than people who hang out on homebrewing forums.

good point denny.  although to be fair I don't know anyone in real life that looks like those people - brewer or not!

Edited by Evil_Morty, 22 November 2016 - 11:05 AM.

#97 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18076 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:12 AM

good point denny.  although to be fair I don't know anyone in real life that looks like those people - brewer or not!

You should come stand in a tree house line ..lol

#98 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64125 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:14 AM

Yeah, it's great to make fun of this, but how do you know that no one is brewing like that? There are a lot of homebrewers, and especially a lot of newer homebrewers, who view the hobby differently than people who hang out on homebrewing forums.

I welcome them to the hobby with open arms! (But i'll still snicker :D)

#99 Brauer

Brauer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts
  • Location1 mile north of Boston

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:48 AM

good point denny. although to be fair I don't know anyone in real life that looks like those people - brewer or not!

I probably looked a lot like the guy with spoon, when I was younger... if he was about a head shorter and someone hit him with a truck.

#100 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:11 PM

You should come stand in a tree house line ..lol

oh man!

I probably looked a lot like the guy with spoon, when I was younger... if he was about a head shorter and someone hit him with a truck.

:lol:

POTD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users