• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kremer

Kremer

Comptroller of MS Paint Diagrams and other vague unspecified stu

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9179 posts
  • Location38.360502, -85.311022 (Louisville, KY area)

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:36 AM

Back in early July I harvested my three 2nd year chinook hills, I chopped down the bines and ended up with a shade over 10oz dry weight in cones. I put up new strings and trained the sprawling shoots left after I chopped the bines up onto them. A week later they were over my head and a week after that they were to the top of the strings again (~15'). I now have cones all over that are starting to crisp up and I should be able to harvest again this weekend.These Chinook are insane. I have three hills of fuggle next to them planted at the same time which while also climbing to the top of the strings have produced little fruit last or this year and have pretty much just starved and shriveled up their leaves despite having the exact same sun, water, soil, and fertilizer as the chinook. I'm going to be digging out the fuggle crowns and planting some chinook cuttings in their place when I harvest.

#2 al_bob

al_bob

Bamahout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11032 posts
  • LocationMidland, Texas USA

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:05 PM

Back in early July I harvested my three 2nd year chinook hills, I chopped down the bines and ended up with a shade over 10oz dry weight in cones. I put up new strings and trained the sprawling shoots left after I chopped the bines up onto them. A week later they were over my head and a week after that they were to the top of the strings again (~15'). I now have cones all over that are starting to crisp up and I should be able to harvest again this weekend.These Chinook are insane. I have three hills of fuggle next to them planted at the same time which while also climbing to the top of the strings have produced little fruit last or this year and have pretty much just starved and shriveled up their leaves despite having the exact same sun, water, soil, and fertilizer as the chinook. I'm going to be digging out the fuggle crowns and planting some chinook cuttings in their place when I harvest.

Awesome! That means you have em in a good spot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users