#1 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 September 2009 - 11:36 AM

There is apparently a homebrew meeting on the first Thursday of every month at GI on Clybourn. This just happens to coincide with the same time & place that I run my study sessions for our Friday morning quizzes. Next week is supposed to get harder, the yeast & fermentation module begins, but I'm going to be shmoozin with homebrewers instead of really studying this coming Thursday. Ironically I ended up doing that last night as well. So yeah, come through, grab a couple brews and some chow and let's meet up.Holla if you need directions, class ends at 5pm, but I think the homebrew meeting starts later than that. Which will actually be beneficial for me if I've got some time to do the studying thing then transition over to the socializing. I'll have my old school Red Sox hat for sure, and probably my Diesel Drafts t-shirt.

#2 CarlosM

CarlosM

Señor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:51 PM

shoot me a pm with the exact times and well see what happens :)

#3 CarlosM

CarlosM

Señor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:55 PM

I also got around 3 brews lined up this month (well minus one im making my wheat right now) so if you ever feel like brewing let me know. We can shoot the breeze and the likes.

#4 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:19 PM

Yea, let me know when. I get out of class at 3:30 and can make it there in about maybe about 45 minutes. Also, does this meeting include and exchange of homebrew? I can probably bring about a sixer, more than that would be a pain to commute downtown with. Let me know!Or maybe we can get a session in at Carlos's place! :)

#5 Greatfookin

Greatfookin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationRiver Grove , Illinois

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:06 PM

Thirst Fursday. The Chicago Beer Society has been doing this for years, with G.I. Clybourn's gracious blessing for years.I wish I could attend more often, but it is a cruise from the burbs.I might be available for this one.Hells bells, with the wife taking off, I can host big brews here at my place, I got a 1/2 acre,a fire pit big enough to dispose of even the largest of bodies, a 4 car garage, and parking for 9 cars out front.

#6 CarlosM

CarlosM

Señor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:09 PM

Thirst Fursday. The Chicago Beer Society has been doing this for years, with G.I. Clybourn's gracious blessing for years.I wish I could attend more often, but it is a cruise from the burbs.I might be available for this one.Hells bells, with the wife taking off, I can host big brews here at my place, I got a 1/2 acre,a fire pit big enough to dispose of even the largest of bodies, a 4 car garage, and parking for 9 cars out front.

that sounds awesome! elk grove and bonfires it is!

#7 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:15 PM

Hells bells, with the wife taking off, I can host big brews here at my place, I got a 1/2 acre,a fire pit big enough to dispose of even the largest of bodies, a 4 car garage, and parking for 9 cars out front.

Whoa, I second that emotion. It would be much more convienient for me since I live in River Grove and Brew in Roselle. Sounds like It's do-able.I'm still down for Thursday at Clyborn though, since I'll just go straight from school, and Goose Island rocks!

#8 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:21 PM

Word, so I got info on timing today after class. Nominally the meeting starts at 7, but in reality people start showing up at 7:30. I think people do bring beers, but I won't have any of mine. All my brews are in kegs in the city ("The City" the city, not Chicago downtown). So yeah, that actually works out awesome for me. We usually start studying around 5:30 unless we get out of class early, and actually I just looked at the schedule and we have a Sensory Training starting at 3pm on Thursday and then class ends at 4 for extra study time. So sweet, I should be totally done with the study session by the time homebrewers start showing up. I guess I should start writing the study guide tonight to get a jump on the process.PS - Randy and Ray are usually always there (Mosher and Daniels). Both very cool people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users