#1 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64144 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:00 PM

I noticed one of the scales from our lab in the trash yesterday. I asked the guy who was using it what the deal was. He said the reading was bouncing around so he ordered a new one. I grabbed it, plugged it in and sure enough the reading is a little jumpy...in the 0.001g digit. Dammit, now I won't be able to accurately weigh 1 grain barley. :cheers:So, now I have a new milligram balance. Score!

#2 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:10 PM

Sounds great, i would of probably done the same thing. Nice!

#3 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64144 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:17 PM

I was wrong about the single kernel of grain, it weighs about 40 mg. :cheers:

#4 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:55 PM

Nice Score JK. A free scale is a good scale. Why don't you weigh your next batch kernel by kernel and see how it goes. :cheers:

#5 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64144 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:36 PM

Nice Score JK. A free scale is a good scale. Why don't you weigh your next batch kernel by kernel and see how it goes. :cheers:

Well, my smoked porter is using 26 pounds of grain, which is equal to 11,800,000 mg. The three kernels I weighed averaged out at about 44 mg. That would make the whole batch about 270,000 kernels. It takes about 7-8 seconds to load up a kernel and let the scale balance out. So it would take me about 23 days and 6.5 hours to measure my batch kernel by kernel. Not too bad...:cheers:

#6 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:50 PM

Well, my smoked porter is using 26 pounds of grain, which is equal to 11,800,000 mg. The three kernels I weighed averaged out at about 44 mg. That would make the whole batch about 270,000 kernels. It takes about 7-8 seconds to load up a kernel and let the scale balance out. So it would take me about 23 days and 6.5 hours to measure my batch kernel by kernel. Not too bad...:cheers:

You can't rush quality thats for sure. Maybe you could start a new trend or something. Ha Enjoy the scale.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users