3 replies to this topic

#1 KramerOG

KramerOG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:25 AM

What are the best natural gas burners for indoor use, ie, safe levels of carbon monoxide? I was thinking of buying jet burners in a ring configuration for my brewing architecture. I will use a CO meter. Thanks for your advice.

#2 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:11 AM

First off, welcome to the board! You look new. Lotsa great guys here willing to help out in anyway they can.Second, I would have to recommend not doing what you're trying to do. Unless it's on the stove, any type of open burner with a flame is a MASSIVE fire risk. Screw the carbon monoxide...I'd be worried about burning my house down. Brew outside...porch, deck, garage, or backyard....

#3 KramerOG

KramerOG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:23 PM

First off, welcome to the board! You look new. Lotsa great guys here willing to help out in anyway they can.Second, I would have to recommend not doing what you're trying to do. Unless it's on the stove, any type of open burner with a flame is a MASSIVE fire risk. Screw the carbon monoxide...I'd be worried about burning my house down. Brew outside...porch, deck, garage, or backyard....

Thank you for the welcome.I know many brewers that brew in their basements. Rather than just copying them, I'm trying to figure out if there is a best type of burner for this purpose. If anyone has suggestions for shrouds and the like to reduce fire risk, I would be glad to hear about those.

#4 Iceman

Iceman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:50 PM

I use the impinging jet burners, actually wok burners with good success. I have a CO monitor as well, but it has never gone off. I purchased 2 plastic 10" turbo type fans that move quite a bit of air and built a plywood support to put them in my small basement window pointing out. I always have them on full blast with a door across the room going up to my garage open at all times. You can feel the draft they produce. I always want that air moving as CO's no joke. You want your flame very blue and clean burning as well. I can be done, but be very very careful. Hooked right up to my NG supply, pretty slick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users