7 replies to this topic

#1 Given2fly

Given2fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

Thought it would be cool to show of your bar gear/decor, here are some of what I have in my bar...Cooks, Bud, and Drewery's beer signs:Posted ImageHamm's print:Posted ImageBlatz beer tray:Posted ImagePabst and Olympia beer trays:Posted ImageBrewery/Distillery pictures that my wife has taken of: (1) Anchor Steam Mashtuns, (2) Maker's Mark Sour Mash, (3) Maker's Mark Mash Tub, and (4) a malt silo at Bear Republic (4).(1)Posted Image(2)Posted Image(3)Posted Image(4)Posted Image

#2 tag

tag

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:10 PM

The photos framed by the window panes are awesome!

#3 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54135 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:46 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageI got these bottles from a guy on th NB forum. They are all from the Chicago area and date back from 1905 to about 1915. Wild stuff. Tosetti Brewing, Seipps Brewing, Peru Beer Company and Edelweiss.

#4 Given2fly

Given2fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:16 PM

Awesome Ken, what else can I say, just awesome! Love the City Club and Berliner Weisse signs in particular!

#5 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54135 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:33 PM

G2F: What's the story with the window-pane pics? Those are very cool... did you make them?The City Club sign I found on eBay and the seller told the story of it on the auction. Apparently the sign was found in an abandoned house that was about 6 blocks away from the brewery in Minneapolis. One wall of the family room appeared to have been burned and the wall was covered with these signs (the thinking is that the homeowner worked at the brewery and decorated the damaged wall with the signs because it was cheap to do so). I have no idea what the age of the sign is, but 1910-1920 seems possible. If it's newer, 1932 or later because of prohibition. I got the Berliner sign on eBay also and it was apparently made in Berlin for Schultheiss. Cheers.

#6 Given2fly

Given2fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:51 PM

My wife's hobby is photography (besides Pez collecting) and when we're touring/visiting breweries she takes pictures for the bar area. The windows I bought at an antique mall for something like $8 a piece, and after a fresh coat of paint and some wall screws - they look like windows looking out to 'my' mash tuns and a sour mash that I just brewed...at least that is what I tell people when they ask me where my brewery is :cussing:

#7 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54135 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:21 PM

That is awesome. The top one with the kettles is SUH-weet! Cheers!

#8 Dude

Dude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:35 AM

Wow, those windows are awesome. That's a great idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users