Photo
- - - - -

wort chiller adapter for pull out faucet?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 simonsez

simonsez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSanta Clarita, CA

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:23 AM

Hello,i am about to brew my second beer and this time i upgraded my kit with an immersion wort chiller. The question is what type of adapter would i need to attach the inlet of the chiller to the pull out faucet? i have looked online but all i am seeing is a thread adapter but the problem is that i have a handheld faucet with a hose that has no threading at the end. without answering my question i can remove the handheld unit from the hose so would a male (1/8"?) to male (1/2"?) adapter sound correct? Thanks

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:29 AM

Hello,i am about to brew my second beer and this time i upgraded my kit with an immersion wort chiller. The question is what type of adapter would i need to attach the inlet of the chiller to the pull out faucet? i have looked online but all i am seeing is a thread adapter but the problem is that i have a handheld faucet with a hose that has no threading at the end. without answering my question i can remove the handheld unit from the hose so would a male (1/8"?) to male (1/2"?) adapter sound correct? Thanks

Can you adapt the chiller to work with a garden hose? I can't imagine how you'd hook up to a hand held sink. How about some other faucet in your house?

#3 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48019 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:51 AM

Can you adapt the chiller to work with a garden hose? I can't imagine how you'd hook up to a hand held sink. How about some other faucet in your house?

Not to mention those pull-out faucets are typically very high-dollar items. I wouldn't risk it. A bathroom faucet with a typical aerator will fit the typical adapter. Or a hose from outside which might also chill faster because the flow rate is typically higher.

#4 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10748 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:17 AM

When it is inconvenient to bring a hose in from outside (temp or bugs) I have used a bottling bucket filled with water to gravity feed water through the chiller with the kettle on the floor. Try a dry run with just the chiller to see if you can get the bucket high enough. My chiller has a hose connector on one side and just tubing on the other. The tubing fit exactly on the bottling bucket spigot

#5 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:02 PM

I hook up my IC to my washing machine supply faucet, via a RV hose i bought specifically for this purpose. I run the outlet from the IC to the kitchen sink to drain.

#6 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:29 PM

Not to mention those pull-out faucets are typically very high-dollar items. I wouldn't risk it.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users