#1 DubbelEntendre

DubbelEntendre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:22 AM

On the first leg of my Brew Grass journey, I am stopping in Charlotte. What should I hit up? I should be there in about 4 hours.

#2 *_Guest_Matt C_*

*_Guest_Matt C_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:51 PM

On the first leg of my Brew Grass journey, I am stopping in Charlotte. What should I hit up? I should be there in about 4 hours.

When I think of beer selection...I think the Flying Saucer in University for sure. There is the Rock Bottom downtown as is the Fox and the Hound across the street,(my brew club meets there sometimes). Another good selection would be Brix pizza downtown and in south park. Can anyone else help me out? I'm sure I'm forgetting something!

#3 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:56 PM

Not a Charlotte native here(Raleigh) but isn't the Old Mecklenberg Brewery a good place too? I hear they brew some great German Lagers as well.

#4 *_Guest_Matt C_*

*_Guest_Matt C_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:13 PM

Not a Charlotte native here(Raleigh) but isn't the Old Mecklenberg Brewery a good place too? I hear they brew some great German Lagers as well.

Damn!! :shock: I knew I missed a obvious one!! Yes OMB, check that tap room out on Fridays! I believe the serve Brats with the freshest beer in Charlotte. worth checking out.

#5 Brim2theDregs

Brim2theDregs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:26 AM

Sorry I just now saw this thread...I'll have to give a big +1 to Flying Saucer, OMB, Rock Bottom, and Brix Pizza. If you are coming north on I-77, check out the Brickhouse Tavern on Davidson.Cheers!

#6 DubbelEntendre

DubbelEntendre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:05 AM

Back from the trip. I hit the Flying Saucer and they had a good rotation of O-fests pouring. Then I went to dinner at met some friends at Angry Ale's. Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't have time to go to Old Mecklenberg because I went over to Morganton on Friday night to go to Catawba Valley.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users