9 replies to this topic

#1 brewhead

brewhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:48 PM

fooling around and having fun at our recent brew club meeting. how many of you guys n gals belong to a brew club? we usually have a blast at meetings. very laid back. this meeting we had a bunch of guys who play and we took turns entertaining the crowd and playing together.Posted Image

#2 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10740 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:17 PM

I belong to a club with about 25-30 members attending each meeting. It is pretty informal mostly talking in small groups and sharing homebrew. We are trying to get more organized and have more real meeting topics. Big Brew Day and Teach A Friend Day are held at the local homebrew shop and are always a good time. Looks like your club has a 2 to 1 Female to Male ratio, what's with that :P

#3 brewhead

brewhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

we have quite a few women in our club and it's not uncommon to see them enjoying a cigar

#4 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64096 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:41 PM

Not in a homebrew club. Maybe someday, but I don't have any burning desire to join up with one.

#5 Given2fly

Given2fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:18 AM

Not a homebrew club per se, but a bunch of beer enthusiasts. I would say that half of the members homebrew and we continue to see more wanting to homebrew. We meet once a month to share beers, which include homebrewed selections. The focus for each month is usually different (i.e., some blind tastings, specific styles, picnics, trips, etc...). Yesterday we actually did our first road trip into St. Louis and toured a few breweries.

#6 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54135 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:45 AM

I feel like our local guys have the best of all worlds... we have our own board and we get together a few times a year for a "beer gathering" at someone's house or a brewpub, etc. Jayflap (who runs the board) also picks up Cubs v. Brewers tix before the season starts and 40+ of us will get together, tailgate, share homebrew, etc. We don't have the formality of a club meeting, which I think is just fine with the guys in this group. We have seasoned veterans like Ted and MAZ and we have newbies along with everything inbetween. Great group of guys, some very fun times and some excellent brewers. Cheers.Here's a shot of some of us in my taproom...Posted Image

#7 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47988 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:05 AM

This place is my club.The local club is very good, but not really that local to me. I just don't have time.

#8 ChicagoWaterGuy

ChicagoWaterGuy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3234 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:32 AM

I'm a member of HOPS Homebrewers Pride of the Southside www.chihops.com. Our monthly meetings have a bjcp style tasting and members bringing homebrew. We also have a St Pats Party, Octberfest fundraiser, big brews and various get togethers. Fun stuff.

#9 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9734 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:15 AM

I am in a club. I and a few others started it about a year ago. We are still growing and figuring things out but having fun along the way.

#10 beach

beach

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:56 AM

I'm a member of a club that meets monthly at a public house to share brews, talk beeer etc. We've recently started having small competitions where we all brew the same recipe and do blind judging. We also hve less formal get togethers, we did big brew day this year. There's a link to our club site in my sig if anyone in Norhtern Indiana/ SW Lower Michigan is interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users