#1 Ret S. York

Ret S. York

pwn*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMooresville / Charlotte

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:22 AM

It is not necessary to post issues related to the new skin images (including emoticons) or colors. I am aware of those and working on them. Otherwise, if you notice anything that is not working as you expect, please post them here.

#2 VolFan

VolFan

Comptroller of teh spr0ts

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12960 posts
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:59 AM

There used to be a "Top" button beside the "Report" button. Can you make that happen again?

#3 BlackBeerd

BlackBeerd

Comptroller of Stain's Junk Posting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18287 posts
  • LocationA Drunken Stupor

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:15 AM

Before the upgrade clicking on a link in a post would open it in a new tab. Now it takes me to the new site and away from here. To get back i need to click the back button or open again through my favorites. Is that a setting on my end?

#4 Ret S. York

Ret S. York

pwn*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:18 AM

Before the upgrade clicking on a link in a post would open it in a new tab. Now it takes me to the new site and away from here. To get back i need to click the back button or open again through my favorites. Is that a setting on my end?

Probably not a setting you can fix - I'll look into it.Edit: Found and fixed global setting.

Edited by Ret S. York, 07 September 2009 - 09:25 AM.
Fixed!

#5 *_Guest_BigBossMan_*

*_Guest_BigBossMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:03 AM

Any chance you could tweek the CSS and make the post fonts just one point bigger?

#6 weave

weave

Just Silly and Overboard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8111 posts
  • LocationWestern NY

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:27 AM

Did we lose the notepad thingy in our profiles that allowed us to copy and save links, and quotes and stuff?That would suck if we did. I had a bunch of ammo, er I mean stuff saved there for future use.

#7 Ret S. York

Ret S. York

pwn*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:47 AM

Did we lose the notepad thingy in our profiles that allowed us to copy and save links, and quotes and stuff?That would suck if we did. I had a bunch of ammo, er I mean stuff saved there for future use.

Looks like it has been moved. Check out "My Settings" from your control panel links in the upper right, then "Manage Notes".

#8 Ret S. York

Ret S. York

pwn*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:48 AM

There used to be a "Top" button beside the "Report" button. Can you make that happen again?

I haven't been able to find that feature in the new skin...

#9 BlackBeerd

BlackBeerd

Comptroller of Stain's Junk Posting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18287 posts
  • LocationA Drunken Stupor

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:02 PM

If I let it sit for a while and I want to refresh the page I was in the habit of just hitting F5. Now it gives me a warning and I have to hit F5 and then enter to continue.

#10 *_Guest_BigBossMan_*

*_Guest_BigBossMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:37 PM

Can the youtube embedding tags be [yt] [/yt] in stead of spelling out youtube?

#11 bshep

bshep

Deputy Comptroller of Teh Frankerector

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2764 posts
  • LocationDale City, VA

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:56 PM

When in any of the forums, If I try to refresh I get the resend/retry message. Also if I go into a thread and then "back" into forum I get the webpage expired message.

#12 Ret S. York

Ret S. York

pwn*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:05 PM

If I let it sit for a while and I want to refresh the page I was in the habit of just hitting F5. Now it gives me a warning and I have to hit F5 and then enter to continue.

When in any of the forums, If I try to refresh I get the resend/retry message. Also if I go into a thread and then "back" into forum I get the webpage expired message.

I am unable to reproduce these back-browse / refresh issues...

#13 Ret S. York

Ret S. York

pwn*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

The Youtube tag has changed AND there is a known bug with the new tag button. The new format uses the entire URL, not just the v= variable, and looks like this...
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqqLx-2vUr0[/media]
or
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqqLx-2vUr0[/youtube]
The bug is with the Posted Image button in the post editor, which fails to place the proper tags around URL. I am researching a fix for that now, but in the mean time you can place them there manually.

#14 weave

weave

Just Silly and Overboard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8111 posts
  • LocationWestern NY

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:13 PM

Also, suddenly this evening number of views is not working on new posts. Number of replies is working though. New posts show 0 number of views even though they may have many number of replies.

#15 VolFan

VolFan

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12960 posts
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:03 PM

I haven't been able to find that feature in the new skin...

Drats. I seriously miss that feature. Thanks for looking.

#16 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:28 AM

I see a "back to top" button at the very bottom, left corner, of the page. Is that what you're looking for?

#17 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:28 AM

This may be a skin issue, I'm not sure, but it doesnt display anyone's location at the left of their post anymore.

Probably not a setting you can fix - I'll look into it.Edit: Found and fixed global setting.

I'm still having this issue. Do I need to change anything?

#18 VolFan

VolFan

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12960 posts
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:29 AM

I see a "back to top" button at the very bottom, left corner, of the page. Is that what you're looking for?

Yeah that's it. Although, it used to be beside the "Report" button under the member's name. A little less convenient now but I'm managing to learn to live life without it. Baby steps, baby steps.

#19 Ret S. York

Ret S. York

pwn*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:45 AM

Also, suddenly this evening number of views is not working on new posts. Number of replies is working though. New posts show 0 number of views even though they may have many number of replies.

I believe those are no longer calculated in real-time by default, so as to avoid an "expensive" database query and thus improve performance. They are instead calculated periodically in batches. If the mods/members feel this is a problem, I believe it is a configurable setting we can change back.

#20 Ret S. York

Ret S. York

pwn*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:47 AM

This may be a skin issue, I'm not sure, but it doesnt display anyone's location at the left of their post anymore.I'm still having this issue. Do I need to change anything?

Hmmm... it works for me. Try a force-refresh in your browswer (F5 or perhaps Ctrl+F5) to ensure you're not using an older/cached style sheet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users