#1 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:03 AM

You all know what to do.This is a rebuild of my kegerator. It's v1 design, but a new fridge after moving to NY. These are a couple pictures from the rebuilding process. I'll post new ones once I finish the ugprade to the v2 design which include 2 more taps.It's basically a tall dorm fridge, so I don't need to use a tower to get my taps to the proper height for pouring:Posted ImageCurrently it holds two kegs and a 5 lb CO2 cylinder on the shelf, chilled mugs in the freezer box plus goodies in the shelving:Posted ImageThese pictures are about a year old, but I'm almost ready to start cutting for the upgrade so I didn't feel like taking new pictures yet.

#2 Given2fly

Given2fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:39 AM

Kegerator/bar:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageMore pics/info here.

#3 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:19 PM

here's minethe beforePosted Imageand afterPosted ImageandPosted Imagetwo more taps coming in the mail this week!here's one I just built for my GFs brotherPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageC

#4 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28456 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:51 PM

Little blurry but you get the point, holds 10kegs. Dual regulator co2 manifold for serving and fast carbonating (or whatever else) at the same time. Center tap is beer gas/ stout faucet. Running 20lb CO2 tanks for both the CO2 and beer gas. That 5lb tank I use for a portable or back up if my 20lb kicks while I get it filled.Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 BFB

BFB

Wind Whisperer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10827 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:21 PM

You guys with the finished basements make me jealous.Here's my kegerator;Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:41 PM

Kegerator at leftLagering/Carbonation Freezer in CenterHops storage and freezer to right. Posted ImageFermentation only freezerPosted Image

#7 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:46 PM

Standard Sanyo build. No need to see the whole fridge, this pic of the top pretty much shows the good stuff:[mod edit - image removed]

#8 Lonnie Mac

Lonnie Mac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationBacliff, TX

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

What the hey...Might as well post this little ditty...Pub Phun...

#9 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54185 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:25 PM

Posted ImageG2F: That setup is sweet, Amigo. :rolf:

#10 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54185 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:40 PM

Another...Posted Image

#11 brewhead

brewhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:47 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

Another...Posted Image

Dude, Ken. That is a different place when you turn off the bright overheads. The mirror opens it up too. Man that looks a lot nicer than I thought it did before (not that I thought it was junk). You should shoot it again with the TV on though & still no flash. On you should put a 19" up there, what's that 13"

#13 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:15 AM

The late, the great, the recently departed. :cry: :sob:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageIt died of terminal compressor failure.Now I'm down from eleven to only the four taps on the green monster.Posted Image

#14 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54185 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:58 AM

Dude, Ken. That is a different place when you turn off the bright overheads. The mirror opens it up too. Man that looks a lot nicer than I thought it did before (not that I thought it was junk). You should shoot it again with the TV on though & still no flash. On you should put a 19" up there, what's that 13"

I know, the TV has to go. This is in the basement and I used to have a giant, old-school 46" big-screen down there. One day SWMBO says, "Get rid of that giant TV and get one of those that hang on the wall!" Wow, okay. So I get the 50" plasma for the 'seating area" but the bar still has the old-school 13-incher. I was talking to a buddy of mine who is always seeing awesome deals on TVs and he said he can get me a 40" LCD for $400 or something so the bar will be getting outfitted with a new screen eventually. Cheers.

#15 Given2fly

Given2fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:37 AM

G2F: That setup is sweet, Amigo. :blush:

Thanks Ken, love yours as well! Where do you get your old beer signs/crates/trays? I scour antique malls, yard sales, and/or ebay for most of mine.

#16 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54185 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:42 AM

Thanks Ken, love yours as well! Where do you get your old beer signs/crates/trays? I scour antique malls, yard sales, and/or ebay for most of mine.

Yeah, mostly eBay. The great part is that I am not looking for mint-condition stuff... I like the ones that have a little character to them (rust, dings, dents, etc.). That way, I end up paying $4 or something and the real "collectors" don't want them and I don't find myself in a bidding war. When I was scrolling though the shots on this page, your bar area just jumped off the screen at me. That Cook's Beer sign is very cool. Cheers!

#17 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:48 AM

Kegerator/bar:...More pics/info here.

:blush:well... except for the st penn stuff.

#18 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54185 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:51 AM

I'm backing up for a little perspective...Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:00 AM

I'm backing up for a little perspective...Posted ImagePosted Image

That is one sweet "man cave". If I had a basement, I might be able to do something like that, but alas, I live within 50 miles of a fault line and they just don't do basements out here in Cali.

#20 Given2fly

Given2fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:59 AM

Yeah, mostly eBay. The great part is that I am not looking for mint-condition stuff... I like the ones that have a little character to them (rust, dings, dents, etc.). That way, I end up paying $4 or something and the real "collectors" don't want them and I don't find myself in a bidding war. When I was scrolling though the shots on this page, your bar area just jumped off the screen at me. That Cook's Beer sign is very cool. Cheers!

The more rust the better from my perspective as well, shows it's age! I didn't want to divert the original idea behind this post, so I started my own regarding beer brewerania here. I like collecting the old beer signs/trays because of the sayings that each one of them has, the more absurd the better!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users